Red Roof Inn Amarillo Airport/Downtown
Ranked #38 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Very disappointed! When we booked the day prior they had a pool. But when we checked in the pool was broke. Used wash cloth still in the tub from past guess. Room smells! Highly recommend somewhere else!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Anthony H
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo Airport/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Amarillo. I'm very sorry about the pool and the rest of your stay. As for the pool, we had an incident prior to your stay, and we were draining and cleaning the pool to fix it for our customers. However, I'm sorry you didn't get what you wanted. I'll be sure to get your complaints to the concerning employees, and i'll be sure it doesn't happen in the future. Thank you for giving us you feedback,

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel was disappointing from top to bottom. The rooms are run down, drain did not work, room details and repairs not resolved (e.g., metal patch around shower faucet did not cover entire wall and water leaked into the wall behind), peeling paint everywhere. The breakfast was absolutely pure reduced carbs. Not one piece of fruit and no protein. Finally, all fabrics were laden with polyester. Bedspreads and curtains completely old-school.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Kguadl

Thank you for staying with the Red Roof Inn Amarillo. I'm truly apologetic for your experience with us. I'll be sure to take your complaints to the appropriate departments so that future customers will not have the same problems. I hope you will forgive us and come again.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

First room had tiles missing in tub/ shower combo. Faucet nose did not engage shower fully. Next room we moved to had better shower pressure and no missing tiles. Patchwork around rooms on walls. A/C adequate. Budget hotel yes, stay here again?? No, but they do have adequate truck parking available! !

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn. I'm deeply sorry that you didn't have the stay you expected, and that your room was not adequate. I hope you may give us a second chance and will consider us again despite your last experience. Thank you,

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I love how they let pets stay! All night it has been quiet even though I saw many guests with pets. Great price! Nice room. Clean with lots of extras. Staff were nice. Lots of parking. Well lit. Saw security checking the parking lot. No extra charges for pets! The neighborhood around the hotel has a lot of poor people in trailers or houses that are mostly run down. It made me sad to see the dogs chained and forgotten in their yards. All in all though I paid half what all the other places were charging for the same thing! I'd stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Amarillo for your stay. I appreciate you posting your feedback. Yes, all the Red Roof Inns are Pet friendly, and I'm happy that we could make your stay better. Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night whilst travelling through Amarillo.
Our only requirements were: Low rate but clean.

The hotel was better than we expected when we booked this standard.

Pros:
-Janet at the front desk was lovely.
-Clean facility and rooms.
-Spacious rooms.
-Even thiugh it is a bit old, it's not noticeable.
-Free parking and WiFi.
-Very quiet at night.
-Not smelly!
-Well working A/C.

Cons:
-Not mich of a breakfast. But at this rate you can afford to have breakfast somewhere else.

Would stay here again!

Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn, and I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I loved your pros and cons list, and we will do everything in our power to make your next stay even more memorable. It's great that you enjoyed everything we had to offer, and I hope you'll stop by soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed here for one night in November 2013 for the second time. The booking from Germany was without a problem.
Our room was clean and spacious.
The breakfast in the morning was ok and the staff very friendly and helpful.
We would stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Amarillo all the way from Germany! I truly appreciate your business, and I'm happy you enjoyed your stay. Come again,

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Left another hotel due to wild guests and checked in at the RR for one day and ended up staying 3 nights, the staff was VERY accommodating, plesant and definitely went the extra mile to make my stay comfortable. I dont usually stay at hotels with exterior doors but I felt safe here knowing there is security on duty during the dark hours. The rooms are great for the rates, and with the great customer service you won't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn Amarillo for your stay. I appreciate you choosing us despite your concerns, and I hope you'll come back to see us soon. Thanks for posting your reply,