“Convenient to I-40...standard middle of the road Courtyard property”

Courtyard Amarillo West/Medical Center
Ranked #34 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Very standard Courtyard...rooms are comfortable, but I was a little disappointed to see a couple of spare hairs still in the bathroom when I checked in...not spic and span clean at all, but the bed was comfortable and I slept well. Also, for a couple of very early mornings, it was really nice that they had coffee out and ready at 4:30 to 5 in the morning...sure made the wake up easier. Only wish for Courtyards is a free breakfast for platinum status members.

Easy on to I 40 if headed west and a quick turnaround to head back east. Again, very standard courtyard...not the Ritz but not a dump just right in the middle.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We have stayed here for a few years and now they are updating! This was new only a few years ago. We stay returning from vacation in Colorado & the rooms & staff are always great. I can't believe they are already upgrading the rooms.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Although we were told that our room on the 3rd floor was newly remodeled, it was still dirty. There were dirty towels left on the bathtub and hair all over the bathroom floor. The faucet in the bathtub would not turn off. It dripped all night and kept us awake. The light fixtures were dangling from the ceiling in the room. In the morning, the housekeeping staff woke us by speaking Spanish to each other loudly in the hallway. We complained to the manager (Monica Riddle) about all of the above. Her response was a shrug of the shoulders and "I can't do anything about it."

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tiffany P
CYAmarillo, Director of Sales at Courtyard Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

We are so very sorry for this happening to you. The hotel has recently remodeled the rooms and I suspect that you were put into a room that had not yet been completed. We hate that this happened to you as we are very happy with our new rooms. This should never have happened and I am so very sorry. I also apologize for the front desk not handling the situation for you promtly, there is no excuse for this. I most heartedly apologize and I want to assure you that I am looking into the matter so that it will not happen again. Please accept our apology.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. This was a very nice property at an excellent rate, and in a great location for a stop on our trip across country. We like Marriott properties as a whole and will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2013

The front desk staff were friendly and helpful - good checkin/out experience. However, I have stayed extensively at Marriott properties, this one was "just ok". Would not likely stay here again though, nothing special, unless I couldn't get a room at another property. The room seemed clean, but the bathtub/shower wouldn't drain properly even after reporting it twice - hence I was standing in ankle deep water during my showers. Limited parking.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Met my expectations for a mid range hotel. Stayed for one night on a business trip. Service was adequate and the room was clean. It was 109 degrees outside but the room air conditioner kept the room very cool. Plenty of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We have stayed over the years in many Marriott's and while our Marriott experience has been positive, this place is one of the worst ones we have stayed in. Check-in was unclear with the breakfast option. The room was not only very dowdy, but various lights were not functioning and the worn-out couch had a big hole in the fabric......The hotel elevator (only three levels) was so slow that it was faster to take the stairs at the end of the building. Hotel staff were using the elevator extensively. The room airco wasn't working well, waking us up many times during the night.

The hot tub in the swimming pool was not working; the Market Place had only a few items and in the morning they were trying to charge us $20 for a not-so fancy breakfast that was supposedly included in the room. Our one night bill: over $180.

Room Tip: Forget this hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Willem D
CYAmarillo, Director of Sales at Courtyard Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

I am very sorry for your less than adequate stay. I know that our hotel can do a much better job of meeting your needs and I am sorry that we dropped the ball on many accounts. I will inform our staff of your review and we will address your issues. Thank for your thoughts and concerns.