“A hotel, nothing special”

Courtyard Amarillo West/Medical Center
Ranked #32 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
national tour
“A hotel, nothing special”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I am beginning to realize that Courtyards are not my favorite hotel chain. Why you ask, because they don't have complimentary breakfast and their TV's are in a weird angle in the rooms. The rooms are clean and the beds are ok. There is a lot to do, and you can find many restaurants near by. You can even walk to most places, provided the weather is nice. It isn't a bad place, just not my first choice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
CYAmarillo, Director of Sales at Courtyard Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review, and we really appreciate you voicing your concerns regarding breakfast. We do offer a rate with breakfast included and I am sorry you were not made aware of that, especially since our breakfast is quite good. We are in a great location of Amarillo and happy you were able to take advantage of it. Thanks again and happy travels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Location is on the East/West Interstate in Amarillo. There are many restraints next door to the hotel extending West. I believe I counted 5. Food choices were 2 BBQ, Asian, Furr's Cafeteria and one other that escapes me. There is plenty parking. If you don't want your vehicle sprayed with the sprinkler system over night be aware of parking around grass and shrubs. Park close to the street in the lot. Facility is clean and the new remodeled Courtyard version, Checking is always EZ and helpful as I have stayed here many times. Nice quiet Courtyard with dining facility/fully cooked breakfast available.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
CYAmarillo, Director of Sales at Courtyard Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
We are so happy you had a great experience at our hotel and we look forward to you staying with us again!
Catoosa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Staff & facility were perfect for us. Convenient location near many restaurants. Manager & restaurant staff were helpful and friendly. We liked it enough to stay there again on our returning leg home.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
We strive to make all our guests happy when they stay with us and their visit enjoyable. We are so very proud that we accomplished our goal with you not once but twice. Thank you so much for your patronage. We look forward to seeing you again.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stay often at the Marriott Sacramento Rancho Cordova in California and am made to feel like an old friend and at home with every visit. Consequently, when I travel elsewhere, I compare my experiences to those at the Marriott Rancho Cordova. At the Courtyard, I felt like an acquantance at best and was not treated very well when I was trying to obtain information regarding the breakfast arrangements. I am constantly confused on what premier status offers among the various chains. The hotel in general was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Very standard Courtyard...rooms are comfortable, but I was a little disappointed to see a couple of spare hairs still in the bathroom when I checked in...not spic and span clean at all, but the bed was comfortable and I slept well. Also, for a couple of very early mornings, it was really nice that they had coffee out and ready at 4:30 to 5 in the morning...sure made the wake up easier. Only wish for Courtyards is a free breakfast for platinum status members.

Easy on to I 40 if headed west and a quick turnaround to head back east. Again, very standard courtyard...not the Ritz but not a dump just right in the middle.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We have stayed here for a few years and now they are updating! This was new only a few years ago. We stay returning from vacation in Colorado & the rooms & staff are always great. I can't believe they are already upgrading the rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Although we were told that our room on the 3rd floor was newly remodeled, it was still dirty. There were dirty towels left on the bathtub and hair all over the bathroom floor. The faucet in the bathtub would not turn off. It dripped all night and kept us awake. The light fixtures were dangling from the ceiling in the room. In the morning, the housekeeping staff woke us by speaking Spanish to each other loudly in the hallway. We complained to the manager (Monica Riddle) about all of the above. Her response was a shrug of the shoulders and "I can't do anything about it."

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tiffany P
CYAmarillo, Director of Sales at Courtyard Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
We are so very sorry for this happening to you. The hotel has recently remodeled the rooms and I suspect that you were put into a room that had not yet been completed. We hate that this happened to you as we are very happy with our new rooms. This should never have happened and I am so very sorry. I also apologize for the front desk not handling the situation for you promtly, there is no excuse for this. I most heartedly apologize and I want to assure you that I am looking into the matter so that it will not happen again. Please accept our apology.

Travellers are raving about these Amarillo hotels