“Good night stop when on long trip”

Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West
Ranked #7 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Good night stop when on long trip”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Checkin/checkout was excesmooth and easyllent, hotel is aging but very acceptable a little noisy from some late revellers but that is to be expected and would not deter us from staying again, local dining info very good. All staff we spoke to were more than helpful. Only complaint poorlpoor directions when travelling Hwy 40 West

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Annsville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We showed up to the hotel and, despite having faxed in our credit card authorization days in advance, were told that they gave our room to someone else and had no available rooms. After talking to them for 20 or so minutes, they told us that they actually did have a room magically available. The room smelled like sewage and appeared to have significant water damage, which is probably why the hotel employees later told us that they weren't actually allowed to rent out the room. I would never advise anyone to stay here - by far the worst experience I've had at any hotel. Also, the service was very poor and the employees were unhelpful.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank russiandan900
Chicagoland
Reviewed 27 February 2012

It was our fist time staying in Amarillo during our travels because we normally stay in Santa Rosa, NM instead but this time were too tired to get that far on our drive from Chicago to Phoenix. The breakfast was good (but not excellent) and the hotel is older but we got exactly what we wanted and expected which was a good night sleep in a quiet room. Being Hilton Gold, we had water and a snack waiting in the room for us so that was nice. We would stay again.

Room Tip: High floor away from elevator.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles County
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Have stayed here a couple of times during my drive through the area. The room was extremely noisy, sounded like a broken exhaust fan in the bathroom, even with door closed still was loud. Called maintence they showed up and said there was nothing they could do about it. Talked to another guest they said they had the same problem with their room. The room was located on the 3rd floor.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
O'Fallon, Missouri
Reviewed 11 January 2012

While the room was clean and the pool area was nice there were some signs that this is a busy property. The carpets weren't quite as clean as I usually see in a Hampton, the parking area wasn't quite as tidy and aesthetically pleasing as a typical Hampton - Just little things. On the plus side they did have a free manager's reception with chicken Alfredo for dinner.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
san angelo
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I orginally Pre-Advanced Booked two different weekends in August 2011 at this Amarillo West Location. I arrived for the first weekend to stay and I had booked two queen beds, due to the fact I was traveling with 2 other people. When we entered our room it was 1 king bed so they said they were kind enought to provide me a roll out bed(how nice). Breakfast was good and the front desk help was nice on that stay. On the following weekend I returned to stay the front desk swiped my card and charged me for the room(remember I stated that I Pre-Advanced Booked) for that stay. The room this time did have two queen beds and breakfast was good. Now here is the messed up part of this story. It is now December 2011 to date that double charged for my room and now for some reason between the 8 different phone calls to "Customer Service" and the hotel no one seems to figure out how to return my money for double charging me. I have been very polite with everyone I speak with, but today I was accused by "Customer Service Rep Veronica" that I'm a liar because I don't recieved bank statements from my bank "some of us call this going green" its all online Miss Veronica. I have sent them receipts, snap shots of online statements and spoke to 8 different reps. What is wrong with this picture? Can't you just see where you charged me twice for one stay and make the correction. Oh no we can't do that sir. On top of that the manager at the hotel will pass the phone off to the front desk help as opposed to addressing this issue and moving on. I have lost much intrest in this hotel and corporation. To let you know that I stay in hotels approximately 90 days out of the year and this is the first. Ok, I'm done ranting about this but still no compliance yet....

Room Tip: Different Hotel
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank charles m
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Parking lot not well lit. Front desk clerk announced my room # with 2 gentlemen near by - within hearing distance. We are Hilton Honors members so we choose Hilton brands when we can. This Hampton was less than I expected.

• Stayed November 2011