Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Residence Inn Amarillo(Amarillo)
Relax Inn(Amarillo)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleancomplimentary breakfastgreat place to staynice breakfastgood nights sleepstaff was friendlyoatmealoff the highwaynice staywould stay here againwe've stayednew mexicolong driveindoor pooleasy accesssausage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We have stayed at a great many Hampton Inns and have rarely been dissatisfied in any serious way. Our room was pleasant enough, but the a/c did not work, even though there was an adjustable thermostat in the room. My husband then discovered that the thermostat was simply a decoration, not connected to anything! Luckily, the weather was reasonably cool, so we didn't suffer...The breakfast was ok and the front desk person was helpful when we asked questions about Amarillo, but not about the a/c issue. I agree with others that the surrounding area is not particularly pleasant and certainly has a deserted feeling about it. I would not choose to stay here again, as there are many alternatives on the West side.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joelmari
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

We had stayed here once before and it was ok but they were doing renovation. When we came back we had 2 reservations but my grandma and grandpa had to stay at the Fairfield inn courtesy of the Hampton inn because there reservations where messed up. Don't stay here.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 8 May 2012 via mobile

Hotel needs to be renovated. Tub was worn and moldy. The sofa in my suite was severely stained. I stayed here because my first and second choices had no rooms available. Booked room for three nights, but checked out after one night. Location didn't feel safe.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 7 May 2012

About what you would expect from a Hampton Inn - comfortable, roomy and clean. The room was standard - two queen beds and a separate bathroom. Pretty fast connection to the net, and a standard selection of cable channels.
I don't know when the last update was completed at the hotel, but it is starting to show some age. In addition, half of the lights spelling "Hampton Inn" that can be seen from I-40 are burnt out. Though neither of these previous comments caused an uncomfortable stay, if Hilton wants to keep its reputation up, it should pay attention to these details.
Cookies on arrival and a good warm breakfast. Easy on and off to I-40, though not right on the freeway.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I booked based on reviews and location. I just needed a place to rest for the night. When I checked in there was a little confusion, as they had me already checked in. Once that was sorted, I was upgrade to the suit. The suit was clean, well appointed, and comfortable The hotel staff were very helpful getting everything sorted out.

The only fault I found was with the building itself. I was on the third floor. The floors seem to be very thin as I could every footstep in the hall outside the room. In my room I felt sorry for the people in the room below as even something like dropping my phone on the floor sounded like a great big thud.

Overall, not bad but if you are a light sleeper, you may want to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: I would choose to stop omn the top floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo