“Excellent value”

Ranked #7 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Albuquerque, United States
“Excellent value”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This was a very clean facility. The breakfast was great and the room was comfortable. Internet connected easily and the business center was in good order as well. Easy to find, right off of I-40. I would recommend this to anyone who has to stay in Amarillo.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lindsey S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for your review John. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again on your next trip to Amarillo!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Traveling with my daughter and we stopped here for just an over night stay but was very pleased. Clean, comfortable, and safe. Beautiful room with very comfortable beds and a great shower. Cleaners need to look up once in awhile big spider web in the top corner of the bathroom. I will probably stay at holiday inn express in the future though I have been a loyal HAmpton inn customer.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Lindsey S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay! I will make sure to let our housekeeping team know about the high dust you experienced. I apologize you found dust in your room; our goal is to make sure every guest has a clean comfortable room from top to bottom. We hope to see you again in the future so you can see how we are continually improving our hotel!
Middlesex, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I will be completely honest and start by saying that I usually frequent Starwood Hotels and I could not find a Sheraton near where I was going to be in Texas. The property was clean and the front desk associates were very nice, however, the room did not meet my expectations. I reserved a suite and apparently if a couch is in your room that qualifies as a suite. I would normally expect to find a bottle of water somewhere in the room but the amenities were limited to coffee and 2 paper cups. The room noise directly above us was so bad that my husband had to call the front desk sometime between 11 and midnight to complain, which is not something that we normally do. It has to be pretty loud for me to make a call. If you are traveling along I40 and need a place to sleep for a few hours it will serve that purpose just fine, and if you like it quiet get a room on the 3rd floor so no one is walking over you all during the night.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Lindsey S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Lynn, Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. On behalf of the staff at the Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo, I would like to apologize. Our suites are one room suites with a seating area and a wet bar. While we do not offer complimentary bottles of water in rooms, we do have a complimentary beverage for our guests in the lobby (various flavors of fruit infused water or lemonade). We also have cold bottles of water at the desk. Our guest’s satisfaction is our number 1 priority and we regret that we were unable to meet your expectations. Our staff takes noise complaints very seriously and acts as quickly as possible to resolve any issues. We hope that on your next trip to the area you will stay again so we can show you our dedication to our guests 100% satisfaction!
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The hotel is very well kept, and the breakfast excellent. BUT... don't take the room on the back side of the elevator! This review must have two hundred characters minimum, so I am typing meaningless words to reach the magic two hundred.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lindsey S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for your review and tips for other travelers. When making reservations you may request high floor, low floor, near elevator, or away from elevator as well as many other options. We try very hard to meet all of our guest’s requests, however requests are not guaranteed. Providing your preferences in your reservation helps us know the best room available for you. We hope to see you again soon!
Sanger, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed here on the last night of our Spring Break trip in 2014, hotel was either new, or freshly remodeled. Did not use the pool/spa, but the room was excellent and the breakfast was top notch as well. Will definitely stay here again if the need arises.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lindsey S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you, Stanson, for your review! We are pleased you and your family enjoyed our newly renovated hotel. We have completed updates to our guest rooms and bathrooms, corridors, fitness center, and meeting room. In the coming months we are continuing to improve the hotel by painting the exterior of the building and making upgrades to our indoor pool and spa. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Amarillo!
Albuquerque, United States
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Hotel staff was not at all friendly or customer oriented. Am a rewards member and have been for years, at all other hotels I am greeted and thanked for giving them my business. Did not take care of noisy guests when complained. Breakfast was limited and of low quality.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lindsey S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Elsa, I am disappointed to hear you were not pleased with your recent stay. I apologize we did not meet your expectations. I will be looking into the issues you mentioned with the front desk staff and breakfast. We take these matters seriously and will be taking corrective action where needed. Our goal is to make each of our guests feel welcome: like a member of our extended family and our Hilton Honors guests are an important part of that family. I am sorry we were not successful in achieving this goal. I hope you will give us another opportunity to show you how important you are to us. Thank you for your response.
Chattanooga, Oklahoma
Reviewed 29 March 2014

As usual, another wonderful and comfortable stay while visiting Palo Duro Canyon thanks to the Hampton Inn and Suites, but most of all------ the helpfulness and kindness of our initial contact, "Vivian", while booking our reservations as well as follow throughs, questions, changes and special requests as the planning of our trip continued. Vivian's professionalism , kindness and thouroughness was without faulter. It is very nice to be received with such kindness.......what a blessing it would be to be greeted by such a warm-hearted, genuinely kind person each and every time you are conducting business whether it be by telephone or in person, it truly makes life so much easier and enjoyable......THANKS AGAIN VIVIAN!

Hampton Inn..........Keep Up The Good Work!

Room Tip: Higher floors seem less Suites do have "extra room" making it larger and seemingly more...