“An Average Hampton Inn”

Ranked #7 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
SW USA
“An Average Hampton Inn”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

A pretty average, Hampton Inn. Walking distance to an Outback and a Hoffbrau Steak House. Check in OK, not great. Hot real friendly. Breakfast a typical one for the chain, limited choices of fruits compared to other H.I. Nice cookies in the afternoon. Elevator really creepy and noisy. Dark parking lot. Only good thing was the location, right off the highway (I40) which makes it convenient for trips in or out of Texas.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevator which is noisy.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelNowSwUsa
Lindsey S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay. I am disappointed that your check in process was “not great.” We strive to make each of our guests feel like family. I will be addressing this with our front desk team. I am also working with our maintenance team on the elevator and parking lot lighting issues. We hope that you will return on your next trip to Amarillo so we can show you how we are continuing to improve.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Poor lighting in the parking lot. Our room smells like old smoke. The elevators whine and grumble- so we took the stairs.
We have stayed at many a Hampton- this is the worst. Yuck. Trust me! Go somewhere else

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Texsons
I apologize that you were disappointed in your recent stay with us. I have discussed the issues you described with our team and we are taking appropriate action. I understand how frustrating it is when your room smells like smoke. While we are a 100% smoke free hotel, occasionally we do have guests that smoke in the rooms. When this happens, we perform a “deep” clean on the room. I will be researching your stay to make sure this room is odor free. I am also working with our maintenance team on the issues you described with parking lot lighting as well as the elevator noises. I hope that you will stay again in the future so we can show you our dedication in improving our guest’s experience.
Fort Worth, United States
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Hampton Inn never lets you down. Nice accommodations, good breakfast, clean rooms! This location sits off the road enough that the highway noise is not an issue . If given a choice, I'd pick them every time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michael,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites Amarillo West. We are pleased you enjoyed the hotel and we hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a problem with thieves in their parking lot. I've stayed here 5 times this year, but the last two times I've stayed I've had my Yeti Cooler, which had locks on it, stolen out of my work truck. No cameras in parking lot, no security, and no responsibility. I won't be staying here anymore!

• Stayed August 2014
Lindsey S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Ryan, We apologize for the issues you had during your stay with us. We are taking precautions to address your issue, however the hotel is not responsible for property left unattended in vehicles.
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed here for one night only but were very impressed with our welcome from the exceptional staff. The rooms were comfortable and well equipped. The indoor pool area looked clean. The complimentary breakfast was a great start to the day. We would happily recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
We are pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is not your typical Hampton. The property is dated and the first room assigned was not inhabitable. The late night front desk was staffed with one person who obviously was not interested in working there and one who exceeded our expectations to make the stay tolerable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lindsey S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
I apologize you were unsatisfied with your stay and will be addressing the concerns you had. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about your experience and have the opportunity to address your specific concerns. Please call the hotel directly to speak with our General Manager, Joel Snell. We appreciate any feedback you can provide, as it helps us to continually improve our service and the quality of the hotel. Guest contributions have led to many positive improvements including, an upgraded breakfast and the full renovation we completed in March of 2014.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed here on a solo trip across the USA. This Hampton inn was exactly what I was expecting after a long day of driving.

The staff greeted me and the check in was quick. Of course I had a cookie!

they were very helpful on recommending a local restaurant and made the stay very pleasant.

the breakfast provided was great and the choice was what I have come to expect from Hampton.

I would stay here again on a trip!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for reviewing your stay Michael. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West. We hope to see you again!