“Great room, nice location.”

Homewood Suites Amarillo
Ranked #13 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 9 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed on the first floor facing the freeway. I never heard a single sound from outside. I did hear someone walking upstairs just once but it was hardly bothersome. Breakfast not expansive but okay. No ice machines! Great kitchen in the suites. You could cook meals and a full size fridge. Would gladly stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Great hotel and a great team, this is my new home when ever I'm in Amarillo. The manager Anita Joseph is so hands, you see her everywhere, details details details thats what she is about. Texas friendly staff and clean as a whistle, the place to stay for work or play!!!!!

Room Tip: stay at the Homewood and no one else
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Stayed one night on a Monday in a King room. Right off I-40 with easy access to interstate.

Check-in: Friendly staff, however was not greeted as a gold hhonors member. No letter from manager like at other Homewood Suites. Not a big deal but just noticed the difference.

Room: Nice, however living area and sink seemed small. Maybe because it was a King room. Bed slept very comfortable as always.

Dining: Dinner and breakfast was good. Simple but enough to satisfy your taste if not wanting to go out. But plenty of other dining options nearby. Can walk to Red Robin or HGI. A special thanks to April and Deborah. Chocolate chip cookies were the best!

Fitness Center: Clean and adequate if not busy. Two treadmills, one elliptical and weighted balls.

Overall a very nice hotel and I would stay here again if passing through or visiting the Amarillo area.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

We were here in September last year and were really impressed and encouraged another couple to stay on this trip. The check in did not go smoothly and I immediately sensed something had changed. The party in front of me was trying to check in and that check in was not going smoothly.After getting my room keys I started down the hallway and noted there were bleach stains on the carpet, a sign of poor housekeeping. One of the room kets would not work and I had to return to the front desk. The clerk was polite and apologized. I noted another guest was experiencing the same key problem. In the morning I had no paper outside my door although several rooms did. I have been a Honors member for quite some time. The desk told me I needed to be a Platinum member for a newspaper. Oh well---you learn everyday. The breakfast was just barely acceptable at best although the two people attending the breakfast area were outstanding. They wanted to address any concerns you had. Thus I have to assume the quality of the breakfast is the result of management and not these nice people. The three day stay was punctuated by additional small nagging problems . One was the transit eating food out of the garbage bin out back. The water fountain outside had been turned off “to conserve water”. The breakfast food improve don our last day. If you have a guest that wanted to stay for the snack and cocktail (beer and wine) hour there was an extra coast of $10.99. NOT WORTH IT!. Breakfast guest charges were also expensive. in fact you could get a full hot breakfast at many outside local locations for less than what management wanted at this hotel. The clerks are friendly, the breakfast are people are fantastic and the cleaning people friendly. The owner needs to be more attentive to the operations as it is not at the same level it was just a few months ago.On the last night of the three night stay neither of our hotel keys would open the door and once again I had to go back to the front desk.

2  Thank texaswillie
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We've stayed at the Amarillo Homewood Suites multiple times over the years. On our most recent stay, we were greeted by a friendly clerk who had my reservation and everything printed. Our standard room preference, low floor away from the elevator, was granted. Even though our room faced Interstate I-40, there was no road noise.

Overall, the room was fine, but the living room phone did not work. The floor in the kitchen had signs of buckling, probably from leaks or spills. The Wi-Fi was slow. It seems the hotel is starting to age, and could use some refreshing.

We attended the evening reception; the reception clerk gladly gave us ice as we had just arrived from a long day on the road, and the icemaker in the suite was not yet producing. She was great!

For the price, and amenities, this Homewood Suites remains a good property. We'll be returning guests on our next trip to Amarillo.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RoadTripAmericans
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I've stayed at the Home Wood Suites Amarillo twice. The staff is top notch from check in the food service. The rooms are nice and quiet even though the 3rd floor hallway has a seriously squeaky floor. I'm more of an Emassy Suites kind of person but this hotel is awesome and the same price as Dury across the street. Only con is if you want to walk to restaurants you have to cross a busy 4 lane road.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We recently were in Amarillo, TX for an extended period of time due to the illness and unfortunate death of a Family Member. We found our one bedroom Suite to be most comfortable, a very decent size and well appointed. A very Comfortable bed, inviting living space, 2 flat screen TV's, free wifi, with a full kitchenette, including full size fridge, microwave, 2 burners, dishwasher, plates etc..all very helpful during a difficult time. Free full breakfast buffet every morning..scrambled eggs and bacon, French toast, etc..Happy hour every afternoon included music, wine and light supper. Employees were all very helpful and kind, and there is a small store open 24/7 which you can stock your fridge with, as well as toiletries etc. All in all, a very nice Hotel with nice pool area, clean and very comfortable and convenient. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the Highway due to traffic noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family