“Good Hotel and Decent Staff”

Homewood Suites Amarillo
Ranked #15 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I was very pleased with the hotel and the evening reception. Hotel was clean and confrontable. the front desk staff will not WOW you but they will do their job. The bed was great but the air unit was loud. Kitchen had everything you need for short and long term stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We have stayed at this hotel since it opened for our stop over hotel. It has continued to go downhill to the point that we won't be staying here again. The mattresses are old and uncomfortable, the heating/A/C system is so very loud and doesn't work properly, the employees simply don't care, and the carpeting in the hallways is loose and coming up everywhere. They are painting the outside, so maybe they are trying to improve things. Still a long way to go. We are sad because we use to really like this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kimberly M
A TripAdvisor Member
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Very impressive and unbelievably reasonable. How can you go wrong ? Every room is a suite! An incredible healthy and tasty full breakfast every morning and dinners at night....all inclusive of your stay! Try them once, you'll agree.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2014

The staff was friendly and quick to help with any needs. I had a vehicle break down during my stay and they were quick to provide a list of all nearby service shops and any concerns I had were instantly answered.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The young man who checked me in was very helpful and courteous. The room was very clean and spacious. The hotel was being re-roofed and when the wind picked up later that night left over tiles were blown around hitting the windows. The young man at the desk walked around the building to make sure that was the cause of the noise. Even though I do not like to stay in rooms on the first floor, I enjoyed my stay very much.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Furnishing seemed a little old. One gentleman was very rude because our friends and relatives didn't put tables back where they belonged. I don't think he was very happy about doing his job. It frustrated him to move things around and because there was too much trash, I guess.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this property numerous times for business and pleasure over the past five years. Unfortunately, over the past year, I have seen a gradual decline in hospitality, cleanliness, and the overall expected level of service (such as their breakfast and evening appetizers).

Don't get me wrong, this is not a dump...it's just not the same as it was even a year ago. The location is convenient and I feel safe in staying there.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Gurusatnam, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Amarillo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Good afternoon Sir,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites by Hilton for your stay when in Amarillo,TX. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback as it helps us serve you better. My team and I apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay. We understand your frustrations and we are addressing them with the concerned departments and corrective action is being taken. Please feel free to contact us directly on your next visit. We hope you will give us another chance to show you we care.

Have a great evening! See you on your next visit.

Anita Joseph
Manager
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Amarillo,TX.