“Nice property but not perfect.”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #27 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I am actually writing this review while I am still here in the room. This property appears to be nice and clean, but I did find an empty rum bottle in the fridge from the last guest. I also encountered a problem with the wi-fi. I tried my laptop and iPad but no luck. I called the front desk and told them the wi- fi was not working and do they have a cable I can borrow to plug directly into the wall. I was told there are no cables and it must be my problem because the laptops at the front desk are working perfectly. I asked her what is the 800 number I need to call for tech support. She said if there is a 800 number, she doesn't know about it. I guess I can't blame the front desk girl but I would expect a Choice Hotel would have a procedure to deal with this issue. I ended up plotting the next day's 400 mile driving route from my IPhone. Very disappointing service for such a pricey room.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank 2_Lost_Gnomes

Reviewed 1 August 2012

We arrived after midnight. I requested a late check-out. I was told I would have to call in the morning. I asked when. I was told by Susan "they get pissed if you call close to check-out time, call between 6am - 9am. Um get up early so I can get an hour of rest later, really?? Decided to leave note requesting it at front desk. They denied it and gave us a wake-up call at 10am instead. The floor shakes, which shakes the bed, so I kept waking up thinking my 3 or 5 year old was trying to get my attention. The service and room were both a huge disappointment. When we stayed at the holiday inn express on the way to colorado, we received better service, accommodations, and sleep. I learned my lesson. Comfort suites are a step down in professionalism all the way around!!

Room Tip: 3rd floor by elevator shakes - avoid it!
2  Thank skydive435
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We rolled into this Comfort Suites around midnight and got right into our room. We had to get extra towels and sheets for the sofabed, but then we were all squared away. I didn't find a channel guide for the TV, but the kids managed to eventually find NICK anyway.
The room appeared to be clean with no surprises.
The breakfast was okay, but the floor around the buffet was very sticky and needed to be mopped. The coffee was not very good, with no splenda to be found.

1  Thank Glimfeather
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I've worked at a Comfort Suites for over a year and know the brand standards and everything. This was an extremely NICE property. The staff was very hospitable. The whole hotel was very modern and the beds were really comfortable! I have a hard time sleeping away from home but have zero complaints on this hotel. The indoor swimming pool has a pretty cool location and once you're outside from there, theres a really nice sitting area. It was also conveniently located to a ton of great restaurants and right off I-40 but set far enough back that we never even heard any of the traffic outside.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

We stayed in a suite and it was very nice. My only gripe is not having a hair dryer. I had to ask the front desk via phone. Then my husband had to go to the desk twice. I finally did get one but with as nice a hotel as tis is. I feel like a hip, modern hotel like this should have the things any High end establishment would have. Also we had to ask for toilet paper. Everything else was great.

Room Tip: I am sure these are just growing pains and they will fix these things.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I have worked in Hospitality for many years and I know first hand the standards that are expected from comfors suites this property has gone above and beyond the room was spotless except for our ice bucket being sticky not a big deal wiped it out was good as new shower was amazing and the room stayed nice and cool I was very impressed the breakfast the following morning was delicious and the gym was OUTSTANDING! I was able to get my three mile run in and some cardio and after sitting in the car for 12 hours it was awesome to strech would definatly stay again!

Room Tip: Second floor you hear people walking on floor three and four but it is the most comfortable
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Beautiful hotel that open in May of this year. Great location with shopping and chain restraurants near by. Missing details however lower the experience. Bath has no shelves in tub area for any items or shampoo. Our room did not have any luggage racks. Breakfast was mostly carbs with strange looking eggs. The sausage was not restocked while we were there. OUr room was clean but two guests returned to the front desk while we were waiting to check in because their room was not clean.

1  Thank SRTFWT