“Good Hotel with a few problems”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #27 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Good Hotel with a few problems”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed at the hotel recently when on the road. We had a room with 2 beds and a sofa,
The hotel was very clean and looks new. The front desk woman was nice with a smile and very friendly. As a earlier reviewer stated no name tags on any employees.
The rooms are clean and look new. Several of the electrical plug covers were missing the screws and just hanging on the walls. We had to go to the front desk to ask for towels (only 3 in the room), tissues (empty), and toilet paper. (only 1/2 roll)
The breakfast was great. Lots of choices. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Carroll, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

When I travel for business I always try to locate a Comfort Suites, this time was no exception. The Amarillo Comfort Suites on Western Plaza Drive delivered! The staff was very friendly and strived to make my stay the best! The hotel could have been rated as a 4 or 5 star hotel based EVERYTHING, including the size of the rooms, the cleanliness, the bright and bold colors used to decorate the rooms. Most of the staff was friendly and accomodating, with the exception of the front desk woman in the morning when I checked out. She only offered a frown, no warm greeting and no name tag to identify herself. Beyond her everyone made me feel welcome! I would definately stay here in the future!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

This was a great hotel. My husband and I were traveling across country and stayed here on our way through Amarillo. I thought I had made reservations the night before but apparently had done something wrong as we never got a confirmation email. The woman working when we got there was extremely accommodating and matched the price online that we had gotten. The room looked very new and was a suit with a little sitting area that had a dorm sized mini fridge and a microwave. It was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. All and all we had no complaints. Free breakfast in the morning included waffles in the shape of Texas!

• Stayed September 2013
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

We booked our stay based upon the wonderful experience we found at another Comfort Suites during the prior week. Unfortunately, we didn't receive the same warm, cozy treatment and facilities at the Amarillo location. Upon arrival, we were not greeted by front desk personnel with a friendly hello or welcome. Although our check-in was performed in an efficient, competent manner, we felt we were more of a burden to the clerk. At breakfast the next morning, the attendant didn't smile or ask if she could help us in any way. When the couple sitting near us left their table, the attendant made what seemed like very obvious grunts and groans about cleaning up after them. When we met staff in the halls there were no good mornings or hellos. Not even a polite nod. We never asked anyone for extra help or assistance during our 12 hours at the hotel, however, we felt like we were burdening the staff just by being there.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

When my husband and I think of Amarillo, Texas, we don't picture great hotels or memorable stays. However, we just visited for a wedding and we had a marvelous stay. This hotel is super clean and well appointed. I loved having extra space to move around it with extra seating. The bathroom was big and updated. The bed was comfy. And, the breakfast really hit the spot. And, the location couldn't be beat.... near but not on the highway. And, close to many nice restaurants and shopping. We'd stay again.

Room Tip: If you find the elevator too slow for you, the wide staircases make it easy to access each floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

This is one of the nicest buildings in Amarillo. I frequent the area quite a bit to see family. The building is brand new and looks really nice. The breakfast is never ready. They never prepare enough food for the breakfast crowd. Often there is a 20 minute wait.... at 0800. And I stayed on the 2nd floor where it smelled like sewage in the bathroom which carries to the bed area of the room. On top of that, there has been garbage sitting on the floor by the laundry room for 3 days (leftover pizza boxes and microwave foods). When I told the people up front they said they would handle it......It is still there. Management would rather not talk to guest about issues and insist they are right. What is right about having garbage laying around for going on 4 days? Will never stay here again. My room smells like S@!T.

Room Tip: Don't go here........Waste of money.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DanTuley
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

We always stay in a Comfort Suites when we travel with our small Westie because they allow dogs for a small fee. However, this hotel looked quite new and went beyond our expectations in looks, service and comfort. The check in was smooth and seamless although there were a lot of people at once. The rooms were decorated nicely and the extra white, cushiony comforters on the beds were snuggle perfect. In addition, the pool area made me a hero with my kids. Large, spacious with a decent depth, it satisfied my family of four. The hot tub was the largest I've ever seen and reminiscent of our stay at an expensive JW Marriott.

• Stayed August 2013