“Most Comfortable Beds in Amarillo”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #27 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Salida, Colorado
“Most Comfortable Beds in Amarillo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Initially I had noise problem issue from the freeway and an unattended yapping dog in room next door, but front desk immediately moved me to another floor and the other side of the building (all king suites, which I had booked, face freeway), so I ended up in a two queen bed suite, but it was the most comfortable hotel bed I have found anywhere in Texas and was the quietest hotel room I have ever been in anywhere. This will be my hotel of choice from now on when I stopover from Colorado to Dallas and back. I will know in the future to book the two queen beds for south facing. When future hotels are built on the empty lots between this one and the freeway, the noise problem will go away. I do think this hotel should have a section of rooms blocked for people with dogs, away from other rooms, And I am a dog owner but he doesn't travel with me.

Room Tip: Book a queen room on south side of building to avoid freeway noise issues, apparently all king rooms...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Rowlett, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

The building looks new, and the room was beautiful, but the walls are paper thin and the staff is either incompetent or apathetic. After a long drive, we checked in at midnight. The parking lot was mostly full, so we had to park in the back. No problem, until we're standing in the rain, trying to unlock the rear door, and the key card would not work. After running around the building with our luggage, the clerk said, "Oh yeah, we've had trouble with that door." She's the one that told me to use it. Then the key would not work on our room. She reprogrammed another key, which also didn't work. Then switched me to another room. Great! Kids were screaming and playing in the room next to us, and we could hear every shriek. Later could easily here dad saying "Go to sleep!" Then woke to his snoring and more screaming during the night. We skipped breakfast, because we just wanted out of there. The desk clerk didn't say a word to us upon checkout. No, "Good morning.", "How was your stay?", "Thanks for staying with us." There are far too many options in Amarillo, for me to consider staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed at the hotel recently when on the road. We had a room with 2 beds and a sofa,
The hotel was very clean and looks new. The front desk woman was nice with a smile and very friendly. As a earlier reviewer stated no name tags on any employees.
The rooms are clean and look new. Several of the electrical plug covers were missing the screws and just hanging on the walls. We had to go to the front desk to ask for towels (only 3 in the room), tissues (empty), and toilet paper. (only 1/2 roll)
The breakfast was great. Lots of choices. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Carroll, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

When I travel for business I always try to locate a Comfort Suites, this time was no exception. The Amarillo Comfort Suites on Western Plaza Drive delivered! The staff was very friendly and strived to make my stay the best! The hotel could have been rated as a 4 or 5 star hotel based EVERYTHING, including the size of the rooms, the cleanliness, the bright and bold colors used to decorate the rooms. Most of the staff was friendly and accomodating, with the exception of the front desk woman in the morning when I checked out. She only offered a frown, no warm greeting and no name tag to identify herself. Beyond her everyone made me feel welcome! I would definately stay here in the future!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

This was a great hotel. My husband and I were traveling across country and stayed here on our way through Amarillo. I thought I had made reservations the night before but apparently had done something wrong as we never got a confirmation email. The woman working when we got there was extremely accommodating and matched the price online that we had gotten. The room looked very new and was a suit with a little sitting area that had a dorm sized mini fridge and a microwave. It was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. All and all we had no complaints. Free breakfast in the morning included waffles in the shape of Texas!

• Stayed September 2013
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

We booked our stay based upon the wonderful experience we found at another Comfort Suites during the prior week. Unfortunately, we didn't receive the same warm, cozy treatment and facilities at the Amarillo location. Upon arrival, we were not greeted by front desk personnel with a friendly hello or welcome. Although our check-in was performed in an efficient, competent manner, we felt we were more of a burden to the clerk. At breakfast the next morning, the attendant didn't smile or ask if she could help us in any way. When the couple sitting near us left their table, the attendant made what seemed like very obvious grunts and groans about cleaning up after them. When we met staff in the halls there were no good mornings or hellos. Not even a polite nod. We never asked anyone for extra help or assistance during our 12 hours at the hotel, however, we felt like we were burdening the staff just by being there.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

When my husband and I think of Amarillo, Texas, we don't picture great hotels or memorable stays. However, we just visited for a wedding and we had a marvelous stay. This hotel is super clean and well appointed. I loved having extra space to move around it with extra seating. The bathroom was big and updated. The bed was comfy. And, the breakfast really hit the spot. And, the location couldn't be beat.... near but not on the highway. And, close to many nice restaurants and shopping. We'd stay again.

Room Tip: If you find the elevator too slow for you, the wide staircases make it easy to access each floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family