“One of the best”

Dining options: Lunch
Amarillo, Texas
“One of the best”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Talk about a find! Samurai is a small but nicely-appointed little place a few blocks north of I-40 on Western. The menu offers a nice selection of Vietnamese and Teppan-style Japanese dishes, with a good variety of lunch specials. The food came quickly and was absolutely superb, and our server, Kristie, was attentive and outgoing. At the end, my wife and I enjoyed an outstanding lunch in a great atmosphere for just under $17. Highly recommend.

• Visited March 2014

“Horrible Service”
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

The sushi and food was great. However the experience is only as good as the wait staff make it. One waitress was new and had no idea what she was doing (which I understand), but her trainer which was originally our waitress was horrible. She checked on us twice within an hour and a half waiting there and then sat down and ate lunch with her boyfriend and then disappeared completely for the rest of the time. That leaves us with the new waitress. She didn't ask if we needed anything before bringing our ticket, then got an attitude about having to split it up when asked. Waited 45 minutes for a to - go box and one order of sushi to - go. There were 3 tables in the restaurant. I will never be back.

Greenville, North Carolina
“One of my favorites”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This place used to be called Pho Tran Trang, however they changed owners and names. It's still one of my favorites. They have a better selection of appetizers now (they have a sweet chicken wing appetizer with peanuts that is quite good).

I don't think the Pho itself is as good as it was under the previous owners, but the Bhun is very good, and they have a few specialty soups now that are extremely good as well (there is an egg noodle soup with dumplings that is extremely good.

The waitresses are very nice, we have a 3 year old who gets excited to go see them. They are very nice and family friendly.

We still go about every other week. I say check it out!

Chris