“Insanely overpriced.”

Ruby Tequila's Mexican Kitchen
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 22 February 2014

The food was so overpriced. As was the beverages. The portions or quality were not near worth the price paid. And the service was pretty poor.. Didn't take empty plates, didn't refill drinks, barely cracked a smile, and could hardly get over to our table to check on us. Will not come back

Reviewed 2 December 2013

The food was great and the portions were extremely large. This was one of the best Mexican meals I've had in quite a while. The restaurant was packed, but the line went fast and we were seated and got our food extremely fast. It was a little loud for me, but I think it was only because it was so crowded. I would definitely go back. I thought the chips and salsa were wonderful.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stopped here on the recommendation of an Amarillo native. The chips and salsa were great...the salsa is smooth on the tongue and then bam...a little kick! The food came out hot and delicious. Our waitress (a young lady who is planning on getting her nursing degree) was delightful. We all felt like we were "special" to her, not just some transient customers! All in all, we will be back!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Usually great. We stop here every time we come through Amarillo. Service is generally fast. Food is delicious, and prices are good.

This one night wasn't great. Waited 45 minutes for our food (ordered two entrees). That was frustrating. But the manager did comp our meal, so that was good.

It was an off night for RT's. We'll be back. The fajitas are worth it.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

This is not the best Mexican restaurant in Amarillo but it does have some wonderful items that make it worth a stop.

The chips I thing are the best is Amarillo. They are always warm and fresh. The tortillas are also the best in Amarillo. The other food tends toward more chain type restaurant fare but it isn't a negative. I think the prices are a bit high and that is normally why I choose a different spot to eat. It is kid friendly and they offer ice cream at the end. That is a large positive.