“CO Bound”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Abuelo’s

Abuelo’s
Ranked #6 of 503 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Golden, CO
“CO Bound”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We stopped in while traveling through. Great food, great atmosphere, great service. We will be back next time we drive through Amarillo.

Santa Fe, NM
“Outstanding food, good service, reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

We were stopping for the night in Amarillo and chose this restaurant because it was near our hotel and had good Trip Advisor reviews. When we walked in we were greeted by a man, chatting with several people, as if we were old friends. We later realized he was the manager. Nice start. The food we chose from the extensive menu was excellent. We were served three kinds of salsa with tortilla chips; the thin chips were as good as any we've had. Our food (tortilla soup, guacamole, brisket tacos) was fresh and tasty. My wife said the flan she had for dessert was the best she's had this side of Mexico. Service was prompt, attentive and friendly.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank WeirdHarold
Guy_From_Normal
“Excellent Food - Service Lacking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

We've been to a couple of other Abuelo's before and loved them. Once we noticed one in Amarillo, our dinner plans were set. The food and drink at this location were top notch. The only thing lacking was the service. Our server let water glasses get empty and when we were done eating it took about 20 minutes to get our bill and charges wrapped up.

• Visited October 2013
Minnesota
“Very Tasty Choices!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

This is one of the better Mexican Restaurants that I have encountered on the road. My truck was being serviced at a local shop and while I was waiting, I walked over to Abuelo's at the recommendation of the service staff. Nice and open area and a good atmosphere. A huge menu to choose from. I went with the fajita tacos, man were they good! I really liked the fresh salsas that came with the light and crispy tortilla chips. The green (Tomatillo I believe) was really good. I had the rice but I hear the potatoes are very good as well. If I am ever in Amarillo again or see one of these in my travels, I will definitely stop in again! The only reason I didn't go with a 5 rating is that I thought my waitress could have been a bit more attentive.

• Visited November 2013
Rolla, Missouri
“Ate there two nights in a row”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

We were spending two nights in Amarillo and asked our B&B owner where to eat. She quickly recommended Abuelo' s. We were so impressed by the food, we went back a second night. The wait staff were attentive and food was fabulous. We were so impressed we gave kudos to the manager personally. What we found out is this is a chain so look them up on the internet. I don't know if they're all this good but the one in Amarillo was fabulous.

• Visited October 2013