“Love that Bar-B- Que” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Kerrville, Texas
“Love that Bar-B- Que”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I love this place for Bar-B-Que. Its not fancy, but clean and has tables inside to eat at, but lots of times I just use their drive-thru. For me, this is the best tasting Bar-B-Que in Amarillo.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Keller, Texas
“Decent BBQ in Amarillo”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

This was not my first choice for lunch, but the other BBQ place I had picked out was closed, so I came here. Henk's is a small place, the definition of hole-in-the-wall. The service was slow, but the staff was friendly. The food was serviceable, but it was not fantastic. I travel all over the state of Texas for work and play and I have eaten a lot of BBQ and this BBQ was pretty average for Texas. The location couldn't be beat, just off 40. We were just passing through so this was easy off, easy on. Would I eat here again, sure, but it would not be first on the list. The chopped beef sandwich good, the beans just okay. The cobbler ingredients seemed to come out of a can, just okay.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you want real "texas"barbecue do not eat here!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

im originally from houston born breed and raised and this is not how we do it in houston! Food was mushy and had not even a hint of smoke! If you like baked barbecue this place is for you cause in houston we smoke our meats for hours not just microwave our meatsand throw sauce on it.

• Visited April 2013
Amarillo, Texas
“Delicious chopped beef”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

Henk's is fast and yummy. We frequently drive through before a high school football game at Dick Bivins Stadium or an Amarillo Sox game.

Visited October 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Meh...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

If you are from Texas and grew up eating Texas BBQ, this is NOT the place for you! "Brisquit" is mushy, chopped beef. "sausage" is a heated up summer sausage. BBQ Sauce would taste better on a burrito. Nice family running the place tho. Maybe I went for the wrong food there, but it is advertised as BBQ.

1 Thank Willywin