“Yummy!”

Dining options: After-hours
Atlanta, Texas
“Yummy!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Oldest restaurant in Amarillo and located on Route 66. Got the Green Chili Cheeseburger and is was delicious. So were the fries! An old restaurant with character and charm!

Visited June 2014

Saint Joseph
“Great Burger but Slow Service”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My sister and I were doing Rt 66 and this restaurant was recommended in one of our guidebooks. As far as I could see there was only one waitress for the room and an outside eating area. She seemed very efficient and I think the kitchen was having a hard time keeping up. Anyway my green chili cheeseburger was excellent. We were there way over an hour so really too long for a lunch. Also our experience was dampened by a man who sat down at an adjoining table who asked us for money and was very disheveled and kept muttering to himself. Not the restaurant's fault but .....

• Visited May 2014
Shamrock, Texas
“The Way it used to be!”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have eaten here several times and have never had a bad anything, (or even a mediocre anything for that matter). It is all great and cooked the way it used to be cooked! DON'T EXPECT FAST FOOD HERE. It is cooked to perfection as it is ordered. Don't expect "health food" either, there are plenty of other places to go for that. There may be some health food here but even if there were, I would pass it up for the great burgers and fries.
This is one of my favorite places to eat: not just in Amarillo, but everywhere!

• Visited March 2014
Tucumcari, New Mexico
“Quite possibly. . . . . .”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Indeed, the burger here was quite possibly the best I have EVER had, ANYWHERE. Don't be put off by the rich character of the place, it is a greasy spoon in the very best sense of the words. The food is excellent! The 'Shroom Burger was heavenly, right off the grill in front of us, even the bun was grilled to perfection. The fries were fresh, hot, skin-on, and plentiful. This place is one of Amarillo's treasures. Don't miss it if you are traveling Route 66, and it is worth the short drive off I-40 if you are just passing through. You will be glad you did!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank krmtrains1
“Greasy spoon, excellent Route 66 vibe, wonderful live music venue.”
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

I love the Golden Light for lunch or happy hour on the big back patio or at the bar but I especially love it for the live music from local bands as well as nationally touring acts. You never know who you'll find performing there!

• Visited November 2013