“They made a believer out of me!”
Review of Youngblood's Cafe

Youngblood's Cafe
Ranked #37 of 508 Restaurants in Amarillo
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Located just North of Interstate 40 at the Washington Street Exit (Exit 69), the nationally recognized Youngblood's Cafe has been a favorite restaurant of Amarillo residents for over 12 years. We serve the finest Texas Cookin' including: Breakfast, Burgers, Steaks, Chicken Fried Steak, Southern Favorites, Catfish, Sandwiches, Mexican Food, and Salads.
Salem
“They made a believer out of me!”
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I admit I was skeptical, but my sister insisted this was the place to eat in Amarillo. We ordered the chicken fried steak and wow - what a treat! We split an order and still had a few morsels to take home. There was no way we were leaving it there. Sure, the place looks a bit like a truck stop but get over it. It's delicious, friendly, affordable and worth going. Enjoy!

• Visited October 2012

Covina, California
“For the best chicken-fried steak, this is your place! A MUST STOP!”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

While in California, we saw an ad on television advertising the chicken fried steak and copied down the name, looked up the address, and with the help of our GPS were able to locate this restaurant, after a few twists and turns. It was so well worth the effort. We loved the ambiance, it was crowded with a lot of cowboy hats, boots and old timers. We were served pretty quick for it being so crowded at lunch time, no complaints, the chicken fried steak lived up to its reputation, every bite was good and it covered half the plate. When we finished our meal we were asked what kind of cobbler we wanted for dessert, it came with the meal .. choice of peach, apple or blackberry (yes, with ice cream) .. We intended to stop on our way back west but arrived on a Sunday and found it closed, a disappointment as I wanted to try their catfsh and partner wanted another yummy chicken fried steak! Definitely worth the effort to find this out of the way place, you won't be sorry.

• Visited September 2012
Springfield, Missouri
“Best Pancakes I Ever Ate!”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We had no problem locating this gem on our way through town with a GPS unit. There were several detours, though, so if you were just operating with a map, it might be tricky.

This place was hopping busy on the morning we arrived, a holiday weekend and a nearby horse show. We were seated promplty, even though the waitress had to wipe down a table for us. The staff was friendly and helpful even thought they were really busy.

We had omelets, chicken fried steak, and biscuits and pancakes, beteween the four of us. It was all good, no complaints at all. The pancakes were light and thick...I swear, the best pancacke I've ever eaten.

I would make sure to eat here again if I were in the area.

• Visited August 2012
Amarillo, Texas
“Chicken Fried Steak”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

If you go to the Stockyard Cafe you must have the chicken fried steak. No questionable cuts of meat pounded flat, the chicken fry is a hearty, tender piece of beef, fried on the grill (not deep fried). Served with real cream gravy made from drippings and mashed potatoes, this chicken fried steak is more authentic that grandma's.

There is a smoking section, but this only added to the ambiance. After all, one shouldn't come to the Stockyard Cafe looking for healthy fare.

• Visited September 2011
Omaha
“Great Food, Slow Service”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We decided to go to Stockyard because my husband wanted to try their famous chicken fried steak. It was a Sat at about 1pm, and it was packed, and they only seemed to have 2 waitresses. It took quite a while to get our order taken, and an eternity to get our food. The chicken fried steak was great. My fried chicken was good, if bland, and sadly, the mashed potatoes were from a box. The salsa that comes with the chips was AMAZING.

• Visited August 2012