“Excellent Pad Woo Sen”

Bangkok Tokyo
Ranked #18 of 523 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I travelled with my son for a month in Thailand and we got to enjoy the diversity of Thai cuisine. He later lived in Thailand for several months. I knew he had traveled through Amarillo a number of times, so I asked for a recommendation. He recommended this place highly. The owner is a charming Portuguese young man who responded positively to my request for a gluten free dish by suggesting Pad Woo Sen. Ordered that and a side of steamed vegetables. The food was tastefully presented and was delicious. I will have to try dishes from their Japanese menu, as I only looked at their Thai menu.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

We are traveling across the country on a family trip and we found this place in tripadvisor. The inexpensive food was great and even our small kids (3,4,10) enjoyed it very much.

1  Thank Nosh97
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I moved from SoCal and am used to tons of reasonably good Thai, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, and Vietnamese options from small family run businesses. My expectations of Asian food are probably a little higher than other people's. I have been looking for a Thai restaurant with lots of curry options: massuman, yellow, red, green, and panang not just "curry". This place has some options and is all right. The pineapple curry was ok. The spicy beef salad however, left something to be desired. I think this place is better than a lot of other Thai places around but still misses the mark.

1  Thank Lnkatts
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

Traveling across country on a family trip, we happened to stop at this restaurant based on Trip Advisor reviews. Feeding my vegan daughter is always a challenge on the road and this was a definite win. Deep fried tofu for her, with a side of miso soup. I had delicious seaweed soup and miso. My husband shared the love sashimi plate which was a lot of fresh, delicious food. Our waiter was the owner and took great care of us. He rescued this dive and made it the well reviewed treasure it is today. A great find - we'll try it again on the way home.

1  Thank mym2bw
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

We heard a lot of good things about this place and decided to try it for ourselves. And now, I can see why alot of our friends recommended this place. The food was really good and had great service. I ordered stirfry and it was one of the best tasting stirfry I've eaten. We will defiantly go back soon!