“A Gem of a place in West Amarillo”
Review of Bangkok Tokyo

Bangkok Tokyo
Ranked #17 of 508 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Littleton, Colorado
“A Gem of a place in West Amarillo”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I am not going to compare this adorable resto to other mulit-Asian places in larger cities. It is best to consider this place in the context in which it exists. Is Amarillo a cultural and culinary wasteland, I will leave that judgement up to you. But if you are looking for a very tastee dish of noodles with various Asian heritages, artfully presented and servers that are friendly and caring, then this place is a perfect choice.

• Visited May 2014

“Wish I could eat here every day!”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

From the moment I took a bite of the Pad Udon, I was hopelessly in love with this place. The food is outstanding. We had been hooked on the sushi from another restaurant in town, but after we tried the sushi at Bangkok Tokyo, we haven't been back to the other place once. The sushi here is incredibly fresh and flavorful, and the prices cannot be beat. We have been here dozens of times, tried many different dishes, and we just keep wanting more. The building is a hole in the wall, but that has never discouraged us. It is small and intimate. The owner, Damein, is always there. He's a very hard worker and seriously one of the nicest guys I have ever met. He will learn your name after a few visits, and will recognize you and call you by name each time you stop in. He is full of gratitude for every purchase you make there, whether it's a large to-go order, or just a Thai Iced Coffee to go. (You want to try the iced coffee - it is heavenly!) I can't say enough good things about this place.

• Visited January 2014
“Ordinary food served in a dump”
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Menu us a mix if various Asian cuisines. Food was very ordinary. Single bathroom is found by escort through the kitchen. I guess few people wash their hands in Amarillo before they eat. Nothing spoke of cleanliness. The place left me wondering if there is even a health department in the city of Amarillo. Service was non-existent. Inexcusable for a very small restaurant. Definitely not worth the ranking. Stay away.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Excellent Pad Woo Sen”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I travelled with my son for a month in Thailand and we got to enjoy the diversity of Thai cuisine. He later lived in Thailand for several months. I knew he had traveled through Amarillo a number of times, so I asked for a recommendation. He recommended this place highly. The owner is a charming Portuguese young man who responded positively to my request for a gluten free dish by suggesting Pad Woo Sen. Ordered that and a side of steamed vegetables. The food was tastefully presented and was delicious. I will have to try dishes from their Japanese menu, as I only looked at their Thai menu.

• Visited September 2013
Fort Worth
“Great place for Thai food”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We are traveling across the country on a family trip and we found this place in tripadvisor. The inexpensive food was great and even our small kids (3,4,10) enjoyed it very much.

• Visited August 2013