“not ever again”

Ranked #60 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Springfield, Missouri
“not ever again”
Reviewed 9 June 2011

this hotels advertising is very deceptive all the pictures that are posted were lets say probably taken 20 years ago there is no breakfast as posted on the web site, the pool is broken , the place is very run down had ants all over the night stand and bathtub. got ripped off on the price, would not pay more than 39$ a night if you are desperate. the only thing we got from this experience is something to joke about, like the only thing missing was the body outline and crime tape!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank lee9544926

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Paso Robles, California
Reviewed 25 January 2011

We were so...tired and the kids were ready for bed, we hauled our suitcases and TV up to the room,sure didn't want to leave the TV in the car after seeing the parking lot, and some of the "guests"? We arrived in our room there was a big space between the door and frame, the curtains were barely on the rod, the chair, not sure what was on that. Oh I forgot, on our way to the room the smell in the hallway, the cigarette butts in the stairwells and in the hallway made me wonder if we were in a really bad place. Now back to the room, WOW I was tired couldn't wait to hit my head on the pillow, wrong! Pulled back the covers and OH MY GOODNESS! I don't think they changed the sheets from the last "Guest", I was not sleeping there,nor was I walking on the carpet, or using the bathroom,so...as I packed up the kids and the TV, my husband went back and the lovely clerk gave us our money back, no questions asked, at 1:00 am? No questions, like they were accustomed to this.
My suggestion drive a little further and don't stay at the Camelot in Amarillo Texas.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
9 Thank HWY40Traveler

Travellers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Reviewed 10 July 2010

We were tired after a long road trip and needed a place to stay. Camelot seemed whimsical until we walked through the nasty stench in the hallways. It was gross to even touch the doors! The room was big but everything was stained! The sheets were stained too. I considered bringing in our sleeping bags and pitching a tent! We decided to claim allergies to the moldy stench and was given a quick refund. We ended up finding a clean room at sleep inn. DO NOT STAY HERE! May have bed bugs!

• Stayed February 2010
9 Thank Iveth44
mid missouri
Reviewed 4 June 2010

My husband and I stopped in here late night to watch tv for a bit and get some sleep before heading to el paso the next morning. We were greeted by a very friendly desk clerk who was more than helpful. This place is right off the interstate and the location is not bad at all for the price. I felt safe and secure the whole time. Others who are on here should be going up the road further paying much more for their rooms if they want to be so picky...

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank walkergirl75
Grabill, Indiana
Reviewed 5 April 2009

Well, my husband and I were on a short weekend getaway. We were on a very tight budget, we saw the add in a travel guide. Just looking for a place to watch a few minutes of TV and get some sleep before traveling on, we weren't counting on much from the price, but we were pleasantly surprised. The furnishings were certainly outdated, but they were clean. The shower and toilet were clean as well as the flooring. The beds looked fairly new. The only thing I did not like about our stay was you had to go into the hallway to get to your room even though there is a door leading from the room to the parking lot. I think we will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mkokies
Flora, Il
Reviewed 21 March 2009

I stayed here with a couple friends on the way back from California. We were just looking for a clean, cheap hotel and that is what we got. It is in a great location and we felt safe. Its nothing special but was fine for us just passing through.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank srtreat83
baltimore
Reviewed 4 February 2009

my husband and i were on the road and stopped because of the inexpensive price. caveat emptor......
we should 've asked for our money back when we saw the tire burning in the parking lot......
or perhaps the mattress on the balcony.....
who knew that hotel policy would allow 35 migrant workers in one room?
or that the tv's could reach the car hoods from the room outlets?
and all of this hidden behind the humble castle wall!

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — the deceptive appearance from the road. you can't see the parking lot until AFTER you check in.
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple