“Nice, but cheap”

Camelot Inn
Camelot Inn
Ranked #59 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 5 August 2013

nice place, I stayed here and it was cheap only 27.99 plus tax which was 32.19. The room was nice, simple, colorful, the staff was very friendly. The room had a small fridge but no microwave. nice place, I liked it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Camelot Inn

Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

I stay in hotels 250+ times yearly. I have stayed here many times. The facilities are old but the rooms are clean and comfortable. The front desk staff is down-home-friendly. Plenty of parking for trucks/buses. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank ChuckMosher
Reviewed 4 June 2013

NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! EVER STAY AT THE CAMELOT INN IN AMARILLO, TX!! It SHoULD BE CaLLED CRAP'O'LOT!!!! it is the most DISGUSTinG, most SMElLy, most DirTY hotel I have ever been in. Just walking in the hallway sTunK like urine and you could almost smell the meth baking all around you. The Rooms were BEYOND dirty!!! the dirt was layered on the ceilings, walls and floor. The rugs are covered in burn holes and smells badly. ALL the Walls and DOorS have BLACK smudge marks where people have touched with dirty hands. I dont think HOuSekEePing has EVER EVER cleaned the doors or walls. You can see MarKS were something had been split, hopefully just coke, running down the walls and on bathroom door. We ended up going to the gas station next door and buying bleach and baby wipes because the store did not have lysol and clorex wipes. and We CLEANED THE WHOLE ROOM OURSELVES. especially head boards, table tops, doors and light switches. The paint was PEeLinG off and wood splinting on the door. TV was going out so everything you watched had a greylike color with faded blues and greens. the WI FI would NOT stay connected. The pool was right outside our door and at the end of MAY had NOT been uncovered from the winter AND HAD BEER CANS AND MOLD all over the cover. it smelled up the whole room if you opened the door for even a little while.( which we found this out because i used too much bleach) i felt like i was in danger the whole time i stayed there from being infected with something. NEVER NEVER NEVER!! EVER again. I should have risked the lost of 50.00. WORST NIGHT Ever!!!

Room Tip: "pay a little more and go somewhere else"
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2013

This was the 4th motel I stopped at looking for a reasonable rate room in this area. At $46 inc tax, this is an excellent room. Decent bed, clean shower, and a working TV. Front desk staff was friendly. Its an old motel, but when you just need a place to sleep while traveling, why pay $100 to $129 for 10 hours use.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Nod S
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This place has a very unique outside look; as someone mentioned, its roofline is shaped like the battlements of a castle. The inside is run down, and the second floor is unused and not accessible. All ground-floor rooms have an inside door onto the hallway, and an outside door to the parking lot. My room, toward the back of the building for quietness, was unusually large and the bed was comfortable. Security seems iffy (the door from the parking lot to the hallway has no lock) and the door locks wimpy (I blocked the outside door with a chair). Not a place where I would take my family, but a very good deal on the wallet. Just off the interstate. Front desk lady was quite friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: stay as far away from the front of the building as you can.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank gpcd
Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

Many moons,ago.motorcycle tire tracks on wall in room.las room in town due to event.advertised price not honored.id call it a toilet but thats an insult to toilets.room was on 2d floor.how a hotel can seem so unsafe with so many cops around all night is beyond me.NEVER STAY HERE (the only hotel that might be worse is the western inn in taylor, texas under the airstrip)

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 4 December 2012

we stopped here because my son thought it would be fun to stay in a castle. The woman on the front desk was very friendly when I checked in and was happy for me to see a room first, but I didn't bother. my son opened up the room and said the hallway smelt of urine. Once in the room, we read all of the reviews and I have to say we were spooked, but we were only here for one night and the room didn't seem so bad, if only the door had one of those latch chains...

For our one night stay, the issue with the room is not really inside. We didn't have any of the issues the other reviewers mentioned, although the room itself did need some work. The main issue for me was noise. We could hear the TV in the room next door, we could hear the conversations of people walking down the hall, we could hear the trucks on the freeway, the airconditioner was too loud to leave on during the night.

We were out and on our way early the next day!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family