“Nasty, dirty and they refused to refund our money”
Review of Camelot Inn

Camelot Inn
Camelot Inn
Ranked #56 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I am not overly picky and have stayed in a lot of motels, but we did something we've never done before--asked for our money back. The room was so dirty that we decided we really could not sleep there, so we went and asked for a refund. Even after my husband took the manager and the front desk guy to the room and showed them the towells caked with hair, the dirty bed sheets, the blood on the wall and along the boxspring mattress, the yucky stained chairs, the splattered bathroom with no toilet paper, they said that it was clean, nothing wrong with it and they refused to refund us our money. We left and rented down the road and lost our money! I wasn't expecting the Marriot. But filth is just not acceptable!

Room Tip: Always ask to see the room before you pay.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Rebemaegarc

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We had been on the road for 13 hours and we stopped in to check prices, there was a bad storm headed into town at the time. The Lady who checked us in was very fast, courteous. The room was large, 2 queen beds, very quiet, and comfortable. The bathroom was clean, a few burn spots on the counter but it's nothing I wouldn't of expected with irresponsible smokers. The only downside was the lack of breakfast items.

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel is very quiet. You barely hear any of I 40 noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Please ignore the negative reviews on this motel. If your looking for the Marriot this is not the place. If you are looking for a clean, inexpensive and roomy motel with a friendly and helpful staff, you will not be disappointed. I have stayed here for the last three years whenever I am in Amarillo. For the price it doesn't get any better. As for safety, I have never seen anything out of the ordinary in or around the motel. The neighborhood is actually middle income homes behind the motel and an interstate running in front with the typical access highway businesses along side. It is an older motel with older furnishings but it is clean and comfortable. Internet is 8MB and expanded cable channels with 3 movie channels (better then most hotels at 2-3X the price). There is a couch and table with two comfortable chairs and a fridge in the room. Use the money you saved and have a nice steak dinner!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank dcedlr
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Not clean sheets have stains on them. WiFi hasn't worked well if at all since we have been here (over 2 weeks) Rude guy at front desk says its our devices. So two different playstations, a laptop, a tablet, and two phones all don't work?!? Get off ur lazy *** and reset it. Never ever again will I stay here! I will sleep in my freezing car before I would waste a dime on this dump!

Room Tip: Go some place else!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nicole G
Reviewed 29 November 2013

on my limited budget "bucket trip", this was cheapest place I could locate in Amarillo- was clean and the showerhead was the old-fashioned kind that had water pressure and plenty of hot water, those limited-flow ones are not my favorite... bed was too soft, internet worked okay
parking lot had some sketchy people hanging around

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Miss Mike being there as front desk manager. Still a good stay, pleasant stay, will stay next time. We are also glad you are dog friendly and located so close to the Quarter horse museum
and other attractions.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2013

we were on a cross country trip and of course we were looking for value, well we got value but a a price. this place is sleezy and the area is sketchy, i am glad we were on the front of the place. sketchy people around motel and I even placed a chair under the door knob for extra security. we definitely passed this place up on our return trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family