“Bonnie's La Casita Del Sol is our favorite B & B so far” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Casita Del Sol

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amarillo
La Casita Del Sol
Ranked #2 of 13 Amarillo B&B and Inns
Longview, Texas
“Bonnie's La Casita Del Sol is our favorite B & B so far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

My husband and I stayed at La Casita on our way back through Amarillo and wished we could have been there longer. Bonnie has lovingly restored this home and we thought it was perfect. Would definitely recommend The Garden Room. It was very spacious and very comfortable. The food is absolutely delicious and Bonnie is a great host. We felt very welcomed. This is the place to stay in Amarillo!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2009

We spend a night in Amarillo on our Route 66 trip. We were amazed by the wonderfully renovated and decorated vintage home which the innkeeper Bonnie herself had refurbished. Breakfast was outstanding and very tasty. We definitely come back if we are in the area.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CallaBudgie
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2009

I am writing this way after the fact but after reading the other TripAdvisor's reviews, I felt I must comment on La Casita del Sol, the best B&B probably in the entire Panhandle of Texas, and I would throw in Santa Fe (New Mexico) as well, having stayed in several there over the course of many years. I have actually had several luncheons at La Casita as well, with Bonnie being the consummate hostess not to mention chef. My husband and I had a beautiful anniversary celebration for 2 nights at La Casita about 4 years ago this coming August, and it was truly one of our most memorable. Bonnie, as always, provided the most relaxing atmosphere to enjoy her beautiful "casita" and even cooked a special dinner for us for our anniversary night and served it to us in our room. We had the large suite, absolutely gorgeous and like a five-star hotel in decor. She has become a friend to me over the years, as my husband and I are Amarillo natives, and yet I know she treats everyone the same who comes to know her. You cannot miss with this place -- if you wander the beautiful grounds, you would swear you'd stepped into a little side alley of Taos or Santa Fe and found the quintessential B&B to relax and let your cares slip away!!!

• Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 3700feet
Austin, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2009

We stayed three nights in this quiet and beautifully decorated home; the huge gourmet breakfast comes in fancy dishes and on fine linen. Very comfortable beds and atmosphere. Bonnie, the Innkeeper was wonderfully chatty at breakfast time (at other times, she seemed to prefer not to chat). She even spoiled us with freshly made cookies in the afternoon. The location is great, as well. Right after this, we stayed one night at a Days-Inn in San Angelo, TX, for less than half the price but the place felt so icky compared to Bonnie's house, even though it seemed pretty clean. By all means, if you can afford it, don't even think twice. Hurry and make a reservation. I'm really glad we did.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Cove, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2009

Bonnie was absolutely terrific. Couldn't have asked for a better more peaceful location. One should do themselves a big big favor and try their best to make a visit here. Bonnie's breakfast was "The Very Best" I have ever eaten - totally awesome Chef she is and Bed and Breakfast Host. Bonnie showed us a big Texas Size welcome.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kpartin
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2008

La Casita Del Sol is my choice of places to stay when in Amarillo. I have been there several times and will return again. It is always a very relaxing time when I am there. The breakfast is an out of this world experience. It is also very exciting to meet the other guest there. The rooms are very comfortable. the lines are exquisite and Bonnie is a very gracious host.

Stayed May 2007
Fort Worth Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2006

While located in an unimposing neighborhood a few blocks from I40, La Casita del Sol is warm, charming, and restful.
An historic Spanish style home built in 1926, the property was completely renovated in 1999. There are four bedrooms, each with private bath, TV and VCR.
Our stay was in La Encantada, a two room suite with glass doors opening onto a patio and spacious yard. The decor of La Casita is eclectic influenced by both Spanish and South American designs with bright colors and murals.
The owner is a gourmet cook so breakfast was outstanding and artfully presented. She is a jovial hostess who went beyond the norm to make our stay pleasant and comfortable.
Highly recommended.