“Great Bed & Breakfast getaway in the center of Amarillo.”
Review of La Casita Del Sol

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amarillo
La Casita Del Sol
Ranked #2 of 13 Amarillo B&B and Inns
Jenks, OK
“Great Bed & Breakfast getaway in the center of Amarillo.”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We spent the night in the La Casita Del Sol on our way to Santa Fe, NM. It was a great place to stay. We enjoyed the hospitality and great personal touches around the living areas. The breakfast was good and got us off to our destination with a smile on our faces. Give it a try, don't forget to go out back and look at the court yard. It is very nice and peaceful. Nicely decorated.

Room Tip: Look at all of the rooms. We stayed in the "La Encantada" It is the largest room. You w...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dudetime

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Bed was super comfy. The breakfast was fantastic. Want to come here again. Homemade pork green chile with eggs, homemade biscuits & jam, fruit plate, juice and of course coffee. Bonnie was a great conversationalist. Although we only met I feel like I've known her for years. Easy on/off I-40.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

1 Thank aznative6
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 19 February 2012

My husband and I stayed there this February in the Ralph Dundee Room. We chose this room because of the jacuzzi tub. But when we got there we found out that the bathroom is seperate from the actual room. This defeated the purpose of the jacuzzi tub because my husband and I felt a little uncomfortable. This was the only thing that was a surprise to us. Other then that the breakfast was amazing and the grounds were beautiful even in the winter time. I did also realize that the price that was pisted on the website ($105) and I was actually charged $135. I'm not sure what this is all about either. But, Bonnie is a wonderful host and I hope her business continues to flourish. I would have given this B&B a 5 if these problems hadn't occured.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jill B
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We love Bonnie and her pristine, beautiful B&B, and we've been coming here for years. We want her to be successful in her business but we're hesitant to share, because once you stay here, you'll never want to stay anywhere else -- and therefore there might not be room for us! However, it is such a find, and Trip Advisor has been immensely helpful for us in our travels around the U.S. and the world. We thought we needed to do you all a favor and let you know about this great stop between Texas and New Mexico or Colorado.

Room Tip: We love the cloud room, but I'm sure others are great.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dianaholbert
Longview, Texas
Reviewed 11 July 2011

My husband and I stayed at La Casita on our way back through Amarillo and wished we could have been there longer. Bonnie has lovingly restored this home and we thought it was perfect. Would definitely recommend The Garden Room. It was very spacious and very comfortable. The food is absolutely delicious and Bonnie is a great host. We felt very welcomed. This is the place to stay in Amarillo!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 14 November 2009

We spend a night in Amarillo on our Route 66 trip. We were amazed by the wonderfully renovated and decorated vintage home which the innkeeper Bonnie herself had refurbished. Breakfast was outstanding and very tasty. We definitely come back if we are in the area.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CallaBudgie
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 15 July 2009

I am writing this way after the fact but after reading the other TripAdvisor's reviews, I felt I must comment on La Casita del Sol, the best B&B probably in the entire Panhandle of Texas, and I would throw in Santa Fe (New Mexico) as well, having stayed in several there over the course of many years. I have actually had several luncheons at La Casita as well, with Bonnie being the consummate hostess not to mention chef. My husband and I had a beautiful anniversary celebration for 2 nights at La Casita about 4 years ago this coming August, and it was truly one of our most memorable. Bonnie, as always, provided the most relaxing atmosphere to enjoy her beautiful "casita" and even cooked a special dinner for us for our anniversary night and served it to us in our room. We had the large suite, absolutely gorgeous and like a five-star hotel in decor. She has become a friend to me over the years, as my husband and I are Amarillo natives, and yet I know she treats everyone the same who comes to know her. You cannot miss with this place -- if you wander the beautiful grounds, you would swear you'd stepped into a little side alley of Taos or Santa Fe and found the quintessential B&B to relax and let your cares slip away!!!

• Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple