La Casita Del Sol
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Amarillo
See available hotels
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsb bbreakfast was amazingfirst morningbonniesuite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I love staying here when I'm in Amarillo! Bonnie is the perfect hostess and her rooms are all very comfortable and decorated with so much charm and artistic decor. Her location is in a quiet historic area so I always sleep soundly and then look forward to a home-cooked breakfast with Bonnie's own jams and preserves.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Robin A
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We booked a horseback ride at Palo Duro Canyon State Park, and found a great place to stay at La Casita del Sol. Bonnie was a wonderful hostess, and fixed us a fine early breakfast. The Ralph Dundee Room was just fine has a nice big bathroom. Wished we 'd had more time to check out the classy local art collection on the walls

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bill a
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Lovely and lovingly restored Spanish style home with vibrant colors and fun decor. Plan to relax a little in the garden, not just dash in and on your way. Colorful songbirds like to visit this garden as well. Breakfast was wonderful and freshly prepared: the jams were delicious. I meant to buy some jars to take home, but we talked so much with the owner, Bonnie, that I got distracted. But I'd certainly stay here next time in Amarillo, rather than a sterile cookie cutter hotel along I40.

Room Tip: All ground floor rooms were well decorated and had good bathrooms. While sitting in the garden, you can hear the background "white noise" of the nearby freeway, but it is not at all annoying.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank ironpen
Reviewed 2 May 2013

This was our first trip to Texas and we knew nothing about the Amarillo area, but have stayed at many bed and breakfasts before, so really wanted to find one there. We stumbled upon La Casita and just LOVED it from the first second we walked in. The room was so cozy and warm and beautifully decorated, I slept great on the giant fluffy king bed. Bonnie is an amazing cook, and they have said it many times, but her homemade jelly and biscuits are AMAZING. If we return to Amarillo, I would stay there every time!

Room Tip: Choose "La Encantada" the king suite, you will not regret this gem!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ebu527
Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

Actually stayed Dec'08 and Jan2009 and 2010June! Repeat stays. Bonnie is a wonderful propritor and chef :) Her remodled home is the most unique in history and fun stories. Her homey kitchen is great for a family/friendlly atmosphere. I pray she is still there when I go thru Amarillo again!
Ruth