“Jewel in Amarillo”
Review of La Casita Del Sol

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amarillo
La Casita Del Sol
Ranked #2 of 14 Amarillo B&B and Inns
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Jewel in Amarillo”
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

An historic neighborhood location worth the trouble to find it, delightful hostess, great breakfast , grab the Encatada king when available. Spacious house owner has done her own renovation, roam the backyard, enjoy the deck.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Etfortworth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

We loved our experience here for our wedding anniversary! We will be back just to spend more time with the inn keeper and buy more delicious jam. The breakfast was so amazing but that was why I picked it from the reviews. Now I have been craving it every since! A cat walked across the skylight above the bed right as I woke up which started my day off perfectly. We picked our room because it had access to the garden and a private bathroom and it was beautiful and comfortable as well. Thank you Casita del Sol for such a memorable time in Texas!

I am not sure what the recycling situation is but it would be nice if there was one available, we usually just take the recycling home with us instead.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank travelkittens
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I love staying here when I'm in Amarillo! Bonnie is the perfect hostess and her rooms are all very comfortable and decorated with so much charm and artistic decor. Her location is in a quiet historic area so I always sleep soundly and then look forward to a home-cooked breakfast with Bonnie's own jams and preserves.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Robin A
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We booked a horseback ride at Palo Duro Canyon State Park, and found a great place to stay at La Casita del Sol. Bonnie was a wonderful hostess, and fixed us a fine early breakfast. The Ralph Dundee Room was just fine has a nice big bathroom. Wished we 'd had more time to check out the classy local art collection on the walls

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bill a
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Lovely and lovingly restored Spanish style home with vibrant colors and fun decor. Plan to relax a little in the garden, not just dash in and on your way. Colorful songbirds like to visit this garden as well. Breakfast was wonderful and freshly prepared: the jams were delicious. I meant to buy some jars to take home, but we talked so much with the owner, Bonnie, that I got distracted. But I'd certainly stay here next time in Amarillo, rather than a sterile cookie cutter hotel along I40.

Room Tip: All ground floor rooms were well decorated and had good bathrooms. While sitting in the garden, you...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank ironpen
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed 2 May 2013

This was our first trip to Texas and we knew nothing about the Amarillo area, but have stayed at many bed and breakfasts before, so really wanted to find one there. We stumbled upon La Casita and just LOVED it from the first second we walked in. The room was so cozy and warm and beautifully decorated, I slept great on the giant fluffy king bed. Bonnie is an amazing cook, and they have said it many times, but her homemade jelly and biscuits are AMAZING. If we return to Amarillo, I would stay there every time!

Room Tip: Choose "La Encantada" the king suite, you will not regret this gem!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ebu527
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

Actually stayed Dec'08 and Jan2009 and 2010June! Repeat stays. Bonnie is a wonderful propritor and chef :) Her remodled home is the most unique in history and fun stories. Her homey kitchen is great for a family/friendlly atmosphere. I pray she is still there when I go thru Amarillo again!
Ruth