“Great staff, Great place !”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Amarillo I-40 West
Ranked #10 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 12 April 2012

The hotel was clean and the reception desk was amazing.Make sure you check out the prairie dogs on the patch before turning into the hotel. Only draw back is that after breakfast there is no food at the hotel.

Room Tip: 2nd floor no smoking
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 April 2012

I stayed at this Country Inn and suites after a long days drive and after coming through a rare Oklahoma and Texas blizzard in February. The roads were terrible so it was a pleasure to finally arrive at the hotel and get to my room. The rooms are spacious, clean and the bed is quite comfortable. I was able to fall asleep fairly quickly and get a recharging nights sleep in a good bed. The hotel is quiet and in a nice safe location, just off I-40. There's plenty of dining choices nearby as well. As with all Country Inn and Suites, breakfast is complimentary and actually quite tasty. I grabbed a quick bite to eat before getting back on the road the next day. My only complaint would be that many Country Inn and Suites (this one included) have not made the change/upgrade to flat panel HD Tvs yet. There's still only an obsolete 25" tube tv to watch.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I stayed here on a long trip from the west to east coast, and of all the hotels I stayed at along the trip, this wad the best. Great location,they allow pets (but it doesn't reak of animals like some), and cute unique decor - you really do feel like you're in the country! I didn't use the pool or eat the breakfast so I can't comment on those. There is a $20 pet fee but the lady at the desk gave me the AAA discount (I don't have AAA) which made up for it. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Country Inn & Suites are great locations. Always clean, well maintained and comfortable...well, except for this one. It was about 11:30pm when I arrived. The room was cold with the thermostat registering in the 60's. I turned the heat on and it was evident that it was not warming up. Sure enough, cool air was blowing out. I went to the front desk and the clerk just assumed I did not know how to use the thermostat and proceeded to give me instructions. I informed her that I did indeed know how to adjust it. She offered me another room down the hall. That room was also cold. At this point she thought I was some kind of thermostat idiot so she went to the room herself (after an eye roll) while I waited in the lobby. She returned to tell me..."the heat isn't working". She gave me a third room on the opposite end of the hotel. While the heat control was not much better, the room itself was warm enough and given the late hour I just took it. It was not the room type I booked and she said she would re-book my room for the second nights stay. Upon return for the second night, no one was aware of the rebook. I was given a different room after asking but I really did not appreciate the huffing like I was inconveniencing her. When I told her about the heat issue I was informed that there was indeed a problem with the heating system but that it had been corrected. The second room was fine. Other than that the location was alright. Nothing out of the ordinary. I would say the location is fine as long as you don't have an issue. If you do, you will be made to feel like an idiot. Understandably, its Amarillo Texas and usually it does not get very cold. Here's the irony: my first night was the coldest night of the year. They have a heat problem. But the fireplace in the lobby is not on. If they aren't going to use it on the coldest night, why have it. The final irony, after I check out, while I am pulling out of the parking lot, the manager calls my cell phone to tell me she was sorry about the problems. Had someone made an effort to just rebook the room as I was told, had the front desk clerk the second night be more cordial since she knew there was a problem the night before, had there been an effort to speak to me while I was there the visit could have been saved. Since the effort was too late, I left with my first disappointing stay at a Country Inn.

Room Tip: Don't bother to complain if you have an issue.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank MrBigTraveler
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My group stayed here several times during a recent vacation. EXCELLENT staff and brand new building. Considering its located near the interstate, its amazingly quiet too. Great restaruants nearby. Very clean facility.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Great staff,great food,great room everything including our front desk person brittany was awesome, has a great indoor pool, had no problems at all!

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We saw the Inn from the road and decided to try it on our next trip to Amarillo. Don't judge a book by it's cover. We had a non-smoking room but when we stepped off the elevator, were engulfed in the smell of smoke throughout the hallway. The guest room always smelled like it had been sprayed with deodorizer when we walked in. The drawers in the chest and night tables were broken and very difficult to open and close. The towels are thin and the room amenities are cheap and were not replenished when used. The bathtub enclosures are plastic and very slick. The wi-fi was undependable and slow. The bed skirt had unattractive stains on it:-( Would not stay here again-sorry!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business