“Country Inns saved our trip!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Amarillo I-40 West
Ranked #8 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Tallahassee, Florida
“Country Inns saved our trip!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012 via mobile

We came to Amarillo for a seminar and found we were booked into a dump!!! We got in our car and found Country Inns and Suites. Tabitha gave us a great rate and we found the rooms to be more than comfortable. The breakfast was great.. All the basics with hot choices (egg, potatoes, meats) yogurt with toppings as well as fresh blueberries! After a long day, there is an indoor pool and huge heated spa. Great value, nice people and very clean! Thanks guys you saved our week!

• Stayed June 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed overnight and was very pleased. Front desk staff very pleasant and nice. One of the best breakfasts offered at a hotel. Big variety. Different types of toast/breads. Eggs,sausage, biscuits. Oatmeal, yogurt cold cereal. Fresh fruit, not canned. Even blueberries. The floor we were on did have smoking rooms and the smell did flow into the hallway but our room was fine and very quiet, even tho we were next to the elevator.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Borger
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

We stay at Country Inn & Suites often when trraveling and this location is wonderful. The grounds and lobby and very pretty. Our room was large, clean, and quiet. My husband loved the pool and exercise room. Breakfast was well stocked and the free cookies and coffee were a nice treat. Great location off of I-40 and close to a mall and many restaurants. Would recommend staying here when in Amarillo.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Pampa, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel for almost a week during which time my husband was in the hospital. During my stay the maids came in my room three times and before I left to return home several personal items of mine were missing, my expensive tanning lotion, my contact lens fluid and some medication. I would not reccomend that you let the maids in your room to clean them. Better yet, get your own towels, sheets, etc and don't let them in your room and they are theives. I was very dissappointed as the beds were comfortable, the food was good, the front desk was freindly, but the room service people are theives and can't be trusted to come into your room.

Room Tip: Don't use the room service or let them in your rooms. They steal stuff.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Lois P
Long Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

The hotel was clean and the reception desk was amazing.Make sure you check out the prairie dogs on the patch before turning into the hotel. Only draw back is that after breakfast there is no food at the hotel.

Room Tip: 2nd floor no smoking
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

I stayed at this Country Inn and suites after a long days drive and after coming through a rare Oklahoma and Texas blizzard in February. The roads were terrible so it was a pleasure to finally arrive at the hotel and get to my room. The rooms are spacious, clean and the bed is quite comfortable. I was able to fall asleep fairly quickly and get a recharging nights sleep in a good bed. The hotel is quiet and in a nice safe location, just off I-40. There's plenty of dining choices nearby as well. As with all Country Inn and Suites, breakfast is complimentary and actually quite tasty. I grabbed a quick bite to eat before getting back on the road the next day. My only complaint would be that many Country Inn and Suites (this one included) have not made the change/upgrade to flat panel HD Tvs yet. There's still only an obsolete 25" tube tv to watch.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

I stayed here on a long trip from the west to east coast, and of all the hotels I stayed at along the trip, this wad the best. Great location,they allow pets (but it doesn't reak of animals like some), and cute unique decor - you really do feel like you're in the country! I didn't use the pool or eat the breakfast so I can't comment on those. There is a $20 pet fee but the lady at the desk gave me the AAA discount (I don't have AAA) which made up for it. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012