“Pets welcome/additional $20”

Ranked #8 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Pets welcome/additional $20”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We just completed a trip from Chicago to Arizona with our 50lb Am.Bull/mix and we were so grateful to have the option of staying in clean, pet friendly places along the way. At the Country Inn & Suites they welcomed Louie with a bag of treats and a water bowl. I very conveniently booked the hotel on my phone through the Orbitz app. choosing from hotels that allowed pets. My only advice is to be aware that there is an extra $20 charge for pets. I would have booked another hotel with softer mattresses (a bit too firm for my liking), had I known. All the same, I would definitely recommend Country Inn & Suites for guests with pets.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Albuquerque
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We stayed here on our way to Dallas/Plano and found it to be pretty nice. It is right off the highway so it is easy to find and close to many restaurants. The rooms and the grounds of the hotel are clean, and the breakfast is really good! You get a square meal of a waffle, sausage, eggs, your choice of bread (bagel, muffin, or toast), cereal (warm or cold), fruit, and drink. My only complaint was one of the girls at the desk was not very attentive and over charged us (but the problem got fixed) and the fridge in our room was not working and we lost $30 worth of food from Famous Daves.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Not bad of a stay. Probably the best breakfast I've had at highway motels. Apparently according to their pet policy, if your pet is barking in the room and you are not there, they call animal control. Probably just an empty warning, but kinda dumb none the less. Paper thin walls and doors. My wife and kids were talking at a normal conversation tone and I could hear them (and understand them pretty clearly) from out in the hall. Not a place for folks on a honeymoon...if you know what I mean. Nice grounds.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We stay at this hotel every year on our pilgrimage from Austin to our property near Colorado Springs. We have always found the staff accommodating and kind, and our son loves the pool area (it is huge, clean, and awesome). I always pre-pay to get the lowest rate. Well, this year, we had to postpone our trip because the road to our property in CO was engulfed in flames. We waited, hoping that things would take a turn for the better and we would be able to safely make the trip. Alas, not so. First, I called the main Country Inn & Suites reservation line to see if I could move the dates of our stay. They told us that because we prepaid they could not do it, but suggested I call the manager of the hotel directly. I called the manager of the hotel to explain the situation and beg her to let us change our dates, and she did so promptly and kindly. She did not have to help us--the policy for prepaid reservations is clear. No refunds, no changes. Her response says a lot to me about the quality of the hotel. I want to spend my money with people who are good and kind, and I'll spend my money at this place any time.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank C B
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We're really enjoying our stay, haven't had any problems and this our 2nd day! Staff is friendly, helpful, even gave me a coupon for the place we decided to eat dinner.
I called to extend our stay another and was oked right away, with the same rate, etc.
Love the arm chair with foot stool! Helps to be able to sit with feet up to read, text, etc.
Little pricey for me, but well worth it in terms of comfort, staff, cleanlyness, etc.
Definintly better than the two LaQuinta's we stayed at for about the same price!

• Stayed June 2012
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2012 via mobile

We came to Amarillo for a seminar and found we were booked into a dump!!! We got in our car and found Country Inns and Suites. Tabitha gave us a great rate and we found the rooms to be more than comfortable. The breakfast was great.. All the basics with hot choices (egg, potatoes, meats) yogurt with toppings as well as fresh blueberries! After a long day, there is an indoor pool and huge heated spa. Great value, nice people and very clean! Thanks guys you saved our week!

• Stayed June 2012
Reviewed 11 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed overnight and was very pleased. Front desk staff very pleasant and nice. One of the best breakfasts offered at a hotel. Big variety. Different types of toast/breads. Eggs,sausage, biscuits. Oatmeal, yogurt cold cereal. Fresh fruit, not canned. Even blueberries. The floor we were on did have smoking rooms and the smell did flow into the hallway but our room was fine and very quiet, even tho we were next to the elevator.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple