“Overnight with 2 Toddlers”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Amarillo I-40 West
Ranked #12 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 30 December 2012

We stayed here overnight to break up a road trip from TX to NM with a 2-year-old and a 4-year-old. It was a perfect place to stay! It has 2 indoor pools-one a large heated whirlpool. We swam when we got here that afternoon and before we left the next morning. There were fresh-baked cookies waiting at the concierge when we got here and hot chocolate which the kids loved. The free buffet breakfast included oatmeal, fruit, make-your-own waffles and a good cereal selection, among other pastries, eggs and toast. The room tvs get both the disney channel and nickelodeon. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the whole hotel was very clean. For dinner with kids, I'd recommend a nearby chuck e cheese or mall food court with free play area. There's also a Target nearby in case you forgot any necessities. :) Highly recommend this place! Great place to stay!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary N

Reviewed 25 December 2012

While passing through Amarillo, I chose this hotel based on price, reviews and an indoor pool. None disappointed.
I bought this room online and got a great deal.
My friends stayed at a different hotel but I chose to stay here anyway because the reviews were higher.
The bonus part of our stay was the heated indoor pool which was open until 11 pm.

Pros:
Fresh baked cookies in the lobby
Free hot breakfast that included sausage, eggs, French toast, and fruit.
Roller carts in the front entry for hauling your things to your room.
Fridge in the room
Pet friendly
Indoor pool

Cons:
Horrible cattle smell outside (They say it's the smell of money.)
Pet friendly, if allergic, there were lots of dogs.
$20 per night pet fee

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 December 2012

We have stayed at several Country Inns and have been satisfied each time. All seem to be modern and well equipped. Service was fine and the full breakfast allowed us to drive all day without stopping to eat. Employees were polite and the place seemed sparkling clean. We had planned a long drive westward, and the location on the far west side of town gave us a head start.

Reviewed 10 December 2012

Although we arrived late, 9 PM, we were greeted by a friendly desk clerk. They had coffee and cookies right there by the registration desk and we helped ourselves.
Our first impression was, "What a beautiful lobby." The fireplace was going and I suggested that we just sit there and enjoy the coffee and cookies. The whole property was very nice, clean and quiet.
Our room was great. Had a flat screen TV and an extremely comfortable bed. We slept well.
Breakfast was so varied that no one was making waffles! Good hot food, cold cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, bread, danish, etc. There was a lady who was preparing/setting the food out and it was all very fresh.
This property is about a mile off I-40 so there is no hint of traffic noise. Our room actually faced the interstate. QUIET! A really good place to stay, we'll stay here again

Room Tip: I can't imagine anything less than a great room here!
Reviewed 6 December 2012

While clean and tidy the hotel suffers from crappy maintenance. The hand rail at the top of the stairs is loose and when I reported it to staff they already knew and intimated that it had been that way for a while. This is a safety hazard. The hot tub was dirty and very foamy so I asked them to send someone to take care of the hot tub. We waited for a good half hour and no one showed.
Room is nice, food was good and staff nice. The maintenance makes me rate it lower than it should be

1  Thank darsben
Reviewed 3 December 2012

...700 miles of driving thru 3 states, dark and trying to find a place to stay with little notice and a crew of six...AND a dog. Don't stay in Amarillo much, but we happened to find this place with a little research and a bit of luck. For those of you who want a pretty darn nice place to stay, this is it. Not really visible off of I40, but very easy to find. Room was awesome with super comfortable beds, multiple tvs, very clean bathroom and very spacious. The pool was incredible for the kids and the breakfast was a good varity of pretty good chow. I've stayed at better and of course stayed at worse, but I was extremely pleased with the hotel and will not hesitate to make this my Amarillo stop in the future.

Room Tip: With this being my first time there, we were actually lucky enough to be by the exit stairway by the...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2012

This property was the cleanest I've seen. The hotel outside is beautiful and very clean for West Texas. Parking is well lit. Lobby was clean and unclutterd. Breakfast was complimentry and fully complete with build your own breakfast buritto, waffles, bagels, muffins, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, juice and coffee. More than enough to get your fill and going for the day. Our room was a very nice, clean and comfy suite. You walk in the door and there is a sofa, chair, ottoman, large flat TV desk, refrigerator and microwave. Then contiunue on to the bathroom which had the nicest tub/shower I have seen. Pleanty of counter space, toliet and sink with complimentry lotion, soap, shampoo and conditioner ~ Pantene no less! Then you continue onto the next room which had 2 queen size beds, another TV, clock, chair, and night stand. Our room overlooked the parking lot, which by the way is an upgrade from looking at West Texas dirt ~ Lol~. They have an indoor pool and spa, which we did not use, but looked very clean and nice. Overall this was a great place to stay the night while you are on your way to the next destination. I would even consider staying a few nights here if I had reason to stay longer in Amarillo. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: We had a suite on the third floor and it was great. The hotel itself is about two blocks from the i...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family