Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Amarillo I-40 West, TX
Ranked #12 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 7 January 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night on our way to Austin from Denver the 23rd of December. We got in around 11:30 at night and right before we got to the hotel our check engine light came on and the car started acting very rough. The next morning the girl working the counter (Kristen I think) was so kind when I explained my predicament (broken car + Sunday + day before Christmas Eve) and got out the phone book and called multiple mechanics until she found one that was willing to meet with us. She also offered to let us stay in the hotel and wait after checkout. The room was very clean and spacious with free HBO and a great hot breakfast in the morning (which helped since I had so many other things on my mind!) It was so nice of her that I stayed there on my return trip back from Austin because I knew they had great service!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 January 2013

Everything about this hotel was better than any hotel I've stayed in this past year and I travel a lot. It was very clean and comfortable, offered cookies and coffee in the lobby 24 hrs a day, was not run down, was located in a better part of Amarillo, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Best continental breakfast at a hotel for the price - had fresh blueberries and other fruit out to make parfaits etc. and a large pot of real oatmeal rather than instant packets. Large new flat screen tv in the room, good, quiet ac, and clean,nice bathroom with Pantene shampoo&conditioner and Vaseline travel lotion make it even better. Beds had good pillows, clean sheets, and soft blankets. They allow pets for a small fee. the rooms are very quiet (good insulation/noise blocking) - sounds from the hallway and adjacent rooms were not an issue at all with my somewhat jumpy dogs. Small grassy areas surround the hotel for pets as well.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Amanda C
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Kids enjoyed the pool the first time passing through (New Year's Day). Second time, however, the hot tub was green and frothy (Saturday after New Year's). Very nice staff, quick to respond for crib request. Perhaps the best thing is the breakfast! For such a quaint hotel, the breakfast was wonderful! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Decided to split a one-day drive to Telluride into two so I made a last minute reservation on Hotwire. Room was $53 and was a very good value. Clean, large, comfortable rooms. Convenient (right off I-40) with large flat panel TV in room. They also offer free breakfast. Really no downside. Great find for a stop on the way.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2012

We stayed here overnight to break up a road trip from TX to NM with a 2-year-old and a 4-year-old. It was a perfect place to stay! It has 2 indoor pools-one a large heated whirlpool. We swam when we got here that afternoon and before we left the next morning. There were fresh-baked cookies waiting at the concierge when we got here and hot chocolate which the kids loved. The free buffet breakfast included oatmeal, fruit, make-your-own waffles and a good cereal selection, among other pastries, eggs and toast. The room tvs get both the disney channel and nickelodeon. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the whole hotel was very clean. For dinner with kids, I'd recommend a nearby chuck e cheese or mall food court with free play area. There's also a Target nearby in case you forgot any necessities. :) Highly recommend this place! Great place to stay!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary N
Reviewed 25 December 2012

While passing through Amarillo, I chose this hotel based on price, reviews and an indoor pool. None disappointed.
I bought this room online and got a great deal.
My friends stayed at a different hotel but I chose to stay here anyway because the reviews were higher.
The bonus part of our stay was the heated indoor pool which was open until 11 pm.

Pros:
Fresh baked cookies in the lobby
Free hot breakfast that included sausage, eggs, French toast, and fruit.
Roller carts in the front entry for hauling your things to your room.
Fridge in the room
Pet friendly
Indoor pool

Cons:
Horrible cattle smell outside (They say it's the smell of money.)
Pet friendly, if allergic, there were lots of dogs.
$20 per night pet fee

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 December 2012

We have stayed at several Country Inns and have been satisfied each time. All seem to be modern and well equipped. Service was fine and the full breakfast allowed us to drive all day without stopping to eat. Employees were polite and the place seemed sparkling clean. We had planned a long drive westward, and the location on the far west side of town gave us a head start.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple