“Very comfortable”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Amarillo I-40 West
Ranked #10 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 14 March 2013

On a cross-country trip with pets, the hotel selections were not great. But we landed in this hotel and were very happy with our choice. Though there was nothing extraordinary about the room from a furnishings or size perspective, it was very comfortable and quiet. We were right above the lobby and never heard a thing. My wife thought it was homey, whatever that means. Breakfast was fine, it was what I'd expect from a free breakfast. Check-in/out was just fine.

The hotel location is very close to restaurants and a mall, and very convenient to I-40 for travelers.

All in all a great choice, and if we were in the area again I'd certainly go back there.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank davem810

Reviewed 2 March 2013

Dog friendly and right off the interstate making it very easy to get back on the road. Gas and essentials are nearby for those Route 66-ers, the breakfast was nothing special, it felt like a comfortable area and lots of pizza delivery available. Reservations were fast and convenient and washer and dryer were available at the time of stay.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lovetotravelyvo
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Good location just off the I-40. Clean, attractive hotel with great beds. Breakfast was one of the best included ones I've had in a hotel. Hotels.com hadn't passed on the message that I'd be bringing a dog so they hadn't reserved a ground floor room for me. The friendly clerk quickly got on the computer and, since there wasn't a room like the one I reserved that was for people with pets on the main floor, she upgraded me to a suite at no extra charge.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 February 2013

We have stayed at several country inn and suites and have always been impressed with them. However, this hotel was below average to country inn and suites standards. It was semi clean but the dirtiest hotel that we have stayed at in the 17 day trip we took. The toilet seat was dirty and sticky. The shower had small hairs in it. The bed was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was average. The staff were very friendly. I will continue staying at country inn and suites hotels but not this one.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Very nice clean hotel at a great price. Rooms were a very nice size, and well appointed. Wonderful free breakfast served at the hotel as well. We arrived late and staff had a roll a way to our room in 5 minutes.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2013

We were greeted by Kristen who did an amazing job and treated us with excellence. The room was comfortable, the breakfast was great. We felt safe and at home at this location. We are from this area and frequently stay in Amarillo. This hotel is now one of favorites for the price and the quality of service. The location is great for us as it it close to some really great restaurants and shopping areas, as well as the medical center. We recommend this hotel our friends and family.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room on the north side of the building as the south parking lot lights are extre...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2013

great place to stay, very clean rooms, they were more than happy to take note of my request at booking and supply a ground floor room and crib.
they even upgraded me to a hot tub suite at no extra charge.
The only down side is that it can be a little hard to find, but the extra work is well worth it!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple