“Nice hotel in Amarillo”

Ranked #8 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Texas
“Nice hotel in Amarillo”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This hotel is located 1 block off of highway 40 in West Amarillo. Commerce and restaurants are only minutes away. The hotel has a nice pool, and extra large hot tub. The rooms are confortable, breakfast is good, and staff is friendly. This hotel will get very crowded in the evening though due to the close proximity to highway 40. We had dinner at the Big Texan steak house, which I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Make reservations early.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

My husband and I travel frequently, and Country Inns are always among our top choices. This one was quite nice as is usual for this chain. Good beds, clean throughout, nice bath and shower. The only thing we didn't like was the 11a checkout, as we tend to travel late, but they did (reluctantly) give us a little more time. The staff was friendly and accommodating with the exception of Amanda in the morning who was not as nice as she could've and and should've been; (sorry Amanda, but its true). Nice hot breakfast and overall a very satisfying experience.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Penny D
Clarksville, Arkansas
Reviewed 17 April 2013

After traveling all day in a small car we were ready spend the evening just relaxing, and your hotel completely filled the bill! Fresh, home-made cookies in the lobby - I was in heaven. The luggage carts made it easy to get everything inside. The check-in process went smoothly and it only took a moment to get up to the room. Large, clean, comfortable all come to mind. The room was all three. Specialty teas were available in the breakfast area as well as a couple of kinds in the room.

Next morning breakfast was a pleasant surprise. Eggs, sausage, oatmeal, yogurt, and four or five toppings. Waffles, cereals, and more. And the tables were kept immaculate. Cleanest breakfast room I've ever seen in a hotel.

Pool was nice, as was the hot tub that would have held at least 15-20 people. Exercise room was equipped with everything I needed.

If I'm in Amarillo again, I'll definitely come back!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Northern California
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We enjoyed this nice hotel, were tired out from driving long distances, and needed a nice place to chill out. Hotel lobby is decorated nicely, clerks were friendly as can be, room was great, could actually open the windows and let a breeze in, we like that alot. Room was large, bathroom clean and good shower.

Room Tip: Our room looked out the front, had windows open, but it was quiet, and not alot of street noise, no...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank kuchenesser
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I was traveling through Amarillo last week and stopped at your Hotel. From the minute I walked through the door, I knew I had made the right decision in Hotel stay. The front lobby and dining area were very nicely decorated and inviting. The cleanliness was superb. When checking in, your desk clerk Kristen went out of her way to help and assist with my needs. She saw I was having trouble walking (due to a recent knee surgery) and she went with me to my car and carried my luggage inside the hotel. What a wonderful young woman you have working for you.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Carol C
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 14 March 2013

On a cross-country trip with pets, the hotel selections were not great. But we landed in this hotel and were very happy with our choice. Though there was nothing extraordinary about the room from a furnishings or size perspective, it was very comfortable and quiet. We were right above the lobby and never heard a thing. My wife thought it was homey, whatever that means. Breakfast was fine, it was what I'd expect from a free breakfast. Check-in/out was just fine.

The hotel location is very close to restaurants and a mall, and very convenient to I-40 for travelers.

All in all a great choice, and if we were in the area again I'd certainly go back there.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank davem810
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

Dog friendly and right off the interstate making it very easy to get back on the road. Gas and essentials are nearby for those Route 66-ers, the breakfast was nothing special, it felt like a comfortable area and lots of pizza delivery available. Reservations were fast and convenient and washer and dryer were available at the time of stay.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple