Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Amarillo I-40 West
Ranked #8 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
austin tx
“I liked it”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

after walking out of the comfort suites for inoperable ac, I went to this place. I travel on business 4-5 months a yr and this was my first stay at a Country inn and suites. The only knock I had on the place was some guy decided to dry his shoes/ boots/ BRICKS in the dryer/ laundry room that was right next to my room. About 1 am he decided they were dry enough. That is no reflection on the hotel or staff...juts bad luck on my part. Anyway, the breakfast was good, I would have like to warm up the biscuits but didn't see a microwave. I like the chain and will stay at one again next time I am sent out for work.

Room Tip: don't stay in room 102...right next to wash room and its loud.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Come to Good, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Not much to say about this property. The location was good, as it was just off the interstate. The hotel was clean, quiet, but décor was outdated. The rooms need to be updated. The pool area looked nice, but we did not have time to use it. The breakfast was ok. Staff was friendly and courteous upon check in.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The hotel was a pit stop on our cross country road trip. We got a great deal and the front desk was very helpful, even though it was almost midnight. At breakfast I was just finished filling my plate when I noticed there were no more tables. Before I could even wonder where to go, a smiling woman opened up the meeting room for us. More service than you'd expect for the money. Pool was clean, stocked w towels. Food was good. Beds were comfy. Basically I couldn't find one thing I didn't like!

• Stayed September 2013
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Avoid if you can. There are many cost comparable and more comfortable hotels next door. I can't believe we had to pay $100 - this was supposedly on sale. While their check-in staff was curt, their breakfast staff was friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jamie098, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Amarillo I-40 West, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We had just spent 8 hrs driving in crazy rain. We stopped here at 2 am and the woman up front was so kind.she even let us park under the awning up front so we wouldn't get drenched in the rain. It's not the most amazingly modern or new place but it felt welcoming after a stressful drive.the breakfast was hot and yummy they even had a waffle maker.i think I'll have to look for one of these hotels anytime I need a hotel in a hurry.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Helendale, California
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Wish we would have had more time to enjoy this motel but we were just stopping to crash halfway between Florida and California. Very nice staff, nice hotel, nice amenities and the suites comfortably sleep 6!

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms are quieter
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Buckeye, Arizona
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We have stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in Amarillo, Texas three times as we head to Arizona every winter. We love staying here. It is a spotless hotel with such friendly staff! They accommodate our dog without a problem. They have these darkening shades that really work so good that when we got up it was 8:00 am! We were going to get up with the sun and get on the road but we slept so wonderfully in their awesome beds and dark room we got a late start, but that's ok because we slept so good! Thank you to The Country Inn and Suites! We will be back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family