Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Amarillo I-40 West
Ranked #7 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
“Acceptable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

We found everything to be acceptable. Attentive staff, clean room. One complaint was the fact we could easily hear the TV in the room adjacent to ours. Bathroom small but well maintained. We recommend The Plaza restaurant across the street for very good Mexican cuisine. famous Dave's BBQ also a good option. Value was good with King bed cost of around $100.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GiseppeGord

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

We are a mature aged couple on R.66 trip. Booked on line - this was perhaps our best choice on the journey so far. The ambience is different to other hotels - it has a country feel and with friendly staff and good rooms - we were off to a great start. Located just off the main arterials - the location is not perfect but is good enough for those not wanting nightlife. The swimming pool and spa all inside and magnificently clean - even pool towels, and showers etc. are supplied. Yes - this accommodation rates very highly. It was quiet and a very safe environment - across the road is a restaurant called 'Furrs'- the buffet there was probably our best dinner so far.

Room Tip: Walk across to "Furrs" buffet restaurant for dinner - it was excellent as we'll.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stephen F
Ouray, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed here on our way back from a business trip to dallas. Room was fabulous, staff was friendly and caring. Room was clean and sparkly, even the coffee and breakfast were great. We will seek out this hotel the next time we are thru amarillo!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Atlanta GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

This is a "pet-friendly" CI&S but the $25.00 pet fee in addition to the room rate does not represent good value. Perhaps the pet fee is used to shampoo carpets and spray the room with disgusting deodorizer. Our carpets were wet when we checked in and the perfumed scent in the room was overpowering.
The breakfast was decent, but this first experience with CI&S will probably be our last.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JYA6768
austin tx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

after walking out of the comfort suites for inoperable ac, I went to this place. I travel on business 4-5 months a yr and this was my first stay at a Country inn and suites. The only knock I had on the place was some guy decided to dry his shoes/ boots/ BRICKS in the dryer/ laundry room that was right next to my room. About 1 am he decided they were dry enough. That is no reflection on the hotel or staff...juts bad luck on my part. Anyway, the breakfast was good, I would have like to warm up the biscuits but didn't see a microwave. I like the chain and will stay at one again next time I am sent out for work.

Room Tip: don't stay in room 102...right next to wash room and its loud.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Come to Good, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Not much to say about this property. The location was good, as it was just off the interstate. The hotel was clean, quiet, but décor was outdated. The rooms need to be updated. The pool area looked nice, but we did not have time to use it. The breakfast was ok. Staff was friendly and courteous upon check in.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

The hotel was a pit stop on our cross country road trip. We got a great deal and the front desk was very helpful, even though it was almost midnight. At breakfast I was just finished filling my plate when I noticed there were no more tables. Before I could even wonder where to go, a smiling woman opened up the meeting room for us. More service than you'd expect for the money. Pool was clean, stocked w towels. Food was good. Beds were comfy. Basically I couldn't find one thing I didn't like!

• Stayed September 2013