“GPS is wrong and front desk person was a jerk”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Amarillo I-40 West
Ranked #8 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Watford City, North Dakota, United States
“GPS is wrong and front desk person was a jerk”
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Just checked in. Room is good. Hotel is nice. Person at front desk had an attitude and I am in no mood since I just drove 19 hours straight. Otherwise I guess it's ok. Hotel is located on NORTH SIDE OF INTERSTATE.

Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were on a rode trip and booked our stay online! It had an indoor pool so we were happy about that! Our room was a nice size, but in all of my years traveling, I have never seen such a tiny bathroom! I am a petite person, but this bathroom was so small, I couldn't believe it! Also, the pool area was overcrowded with screaming kids, so we decided to forego the "pool experience", which leads me to room choices. If you don't want all of the noise from the pool, make sure your room is on the opposite end of where the pool is located. The noise carried quite a bit throughout the hallway! Breakfast was OK, staff was friendly.

Room Tip: Do not stay in a room close to the pool-very noisy!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Not a good choice. The hotel looks OK but this is a case of not judging a book by its cover deceiving. The check in woman was not rude, but neither was she friendly- perhaps she'd just been reprimanded (if not, it would have been a good idea), but she needs an attitude adjustment. The room and floor smelled so strongly of cleaning that we had to open the windows and run the AC fan for most of the afternoon just to be able to tolerate if. It was very noisy- kids running, doors slamming, people talking loudly in the halls, and dogs barking in rooms on the floor ( maybe that's why it smelled). The carpet was not vacuumed well. I'd suggest you try the nearby competition-HI Express, etc.

Room Tip: a good room would be in a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Jamie098, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Amarillo I-40 West, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Jamie Marrs, General Manger.
Tulsa
Reviewed 23 February 2014

located on the west side of town and far enough from the interstate to give you a peaceful nights sleep. the rooms are large and well stocked. the employees were friendly and professional and helpful in directions and eating choices. this is a large older country inn but well kept and with good prices and value. would stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Borger, Texas
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This hotel has very friendly staff and great breakfast! My room was clean, quiet and the bed comfortable. The hotel is close to restaurants and shopping. I've stayed at a few Country Inns and this one ranks high on my list.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night on cross country trip. PROs: good breakfast with waffles, eggs, Bacon, oatmeal, cereal, etc. Friendly front desk staff, clean foyer, clean bathroom, refrig, microwave in room, comfortable beds, shower worked well (good pressure and nozzle), well-lit parking lot. CONs: kept hearing muffled thumps late at night and early morning which weren't drowned out by the fairly loud A/C fan. Heard people above walking around, Deadbolt on door didn't actually fit into door frame slot rendering it useless. Hairdryer was broken. No trash receptacle outside of hotel, so no place to throw out bagged doggy pop or for smokers to put out butts. I emailed the hotel at the email listed on their website, but never received a response after two attempts and several days, which is unprofessional in my opinion.

• Stayed February 2014
Jamie098, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Amarillo I-40 West, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel and providing feed back and apologize for any concerns you may of had. We take our guests comments very seriously and strive to provide great service.
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

We stopped here after looking at a couple of cheaper unclean hotels. We just happened to drive by and we're so pleased with the professional and courteous lady at the desk we rented a king room without even knowing they had a pool. The hot tub was huge with powerful jets, and there is a rock waterfall pouring into the pool! The room was large, spacious and tastefully furnished. We had to ask the front desk to settle down the bus load of kids that were also on the second floor with us. The bathroom was a bit small, but I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014