“Solid store that's been in business for a long time”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Eat-Rite Health Promotion Center Restaurant and Deli
Ranked #217 of 520 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Healthy
Reviewed 19 April 2013

1. The best salad bar in Amarillo - fresh organic items, and usually the biggest selection in town - but not always. In larger places it's easy to find superior salad bars, like Whole Foods, etc. But this is the best in Amarillo. Juice bar is also good.
2. Great location: very convenient location to the affluent Wolflin neighborhood and not far from downtown. And also directly on I-40!
3. It is pricey.
4. In many of the reviews the staff/owners are mentioned for being rude and even unhelpful. Hmmm? Maybe. They can be a little cool but they've always been helpful when I've asked a question. They have managed to retain a very loyal customer base over many years. There are friendlier stores, but not a deal-breaker for me at all.
5. Some reviews criticized the restaurant menu. It's healthy food. More reminiscent in taste & concept of the first generation of health food bars. It doesn't pretend to be gourmet health food - just simple sandwiches, soups, etc.

I've come to this store for almost 25 years. I'm not particularly acquainted with the owners but we recognize each other. I read the reviews on Yelp, Urbanspoon, & Trip Advisor. Most of the reviews, both positive & negative, have some validity.

1  Thank txbearmr

Reviewed 13 February 2013

A health food store like this one gives the restaurant industry a bad name. I ordered a chicken salad/avocado sandwich made with organic romaine lettuce rather than Udi's gluten-free bread and honestly, tasted mayonnaise more than chicken or avocado. It was a great disappointment and cost just under $10. Pass by this place for sure.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

Wonderfully helpful, interested in you, staff. Mike, nutritionist, is wonderful. My daughter was very, very ill and in addition to M.D., he helped save her.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

I enjoy their carrot apple juice. I've tried their sandwiches in the past and they are fine

1  Thank Tresa M
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Its really a lovely looking place , very quaint and organic looking .
but the people working there are just downright unfriendly ..all four that were on duty at 5pm on a Friday were incredibly rude .
I wanted to look around and i was aiming to spend a lot of money , but they stood there with their arms folded and looked at me like I were a bug in their organic salad .
I felt so uncomfortable I finally just ran out of the place and went to another local health food store .
I'd avoid this place at all cost , unless you're related to them maybe ..

5  Thank Cyndidshoe