“worth every penny”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo
Ranked #13 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 19 August 2011

very clean and well equipped room, near great restaurants and other shops

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Phil G

Reviewed 11 August 2011

We had just driven from LaPorte, Tx and were so thrilled to have a nice, clean hotel room!
After a great nights rest, I went down to get a coffee the next morning (before the scheduled time for the lounge to open) a very bubbly lady came out from the front desk and said that she had opened a few minutes early and we could go in there. The staff was AWESOME!!! One of the best places we stayed along our travels.....

1  Thank Deanna W
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I've stayed at this hotel twice now during business in Amarillo and I will stay here again on my next trip. The hotel seems to be 'newer' and it is very clean, and comfortable. The staff has always been truly friendly, and not just courteous. And the 'hot' breakfast is excellent; it is well kept up so there is always coffee and food available.

Room was clean. Bed was very comfortable. A/C worked well. Internet connection was fast and easy to hook into. Bathroom was roomy and bright. Shower had great water pressure and was hot even if I showered "late". Noise was a non-issue. Place seems well 'muffled' so hallway noise doesn't intrude, nor do parking lot sounds. I really appreciate that!

(P.S. Don't eat at the Texas Roadhouse near the hotel. It was dirty and the staff were rude. One of my food items came out 'cold'. When I pointed this out, the waitress brought a replacement and, no kidding, it was cold too. Very disappointed because I like Texas Roadhouse restaurants, just NOT this one. You've been warned!)

Room Tip: Join the Priority Rewards club and you might get a nicer room during slow times.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Frog4aday
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We have stayed in many hotels and motels over our years of travel, and this was one of our favorites. The hotel and rooms were both very clean and nicely appointed, and the bed was VERY comfortable. Wi-Fi was free and instructions to connect were clear and easy to follow. The breakfast was delicious and included with the room - selection included hot, fresh cinnamon rolls, eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, as well as muffins, donuts, cereal, bananas, coffee, juice, milk and more. Check in and out was simple, friendly and efficient. Next time we are traveling through Amarillo, we will make a point to stay at this Holiday Inn Express.

1  Thank CasualTravelers96
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We took a long weekend and stayed in this hotel throughout. The indoor pool is great, along with the hot tub. The hotel was clean, smelled good. Breakfast was good each morning and they were really good about keeping the food items well stocked - and it was busy each morning. I've been where they have trouble doing this, but not here. Breakfast area located between a soothing glass water wall and overlooks the indoor pool area (windows between). Used the business center once and they have two computers, printer. Monitors are large flat screen. The hotel is located right next to a Texas Roadhouse restaraunt. We ate there the first night. Just walk out the door of the hotel, across the parking lot, across the parking lot of Texas Roadhouse. Couldn't be closer, which was nice as we were tired of driving. There was also a taco place across parking lot a little further away. There is a Ruby Tequila's and a Church's Chicken within a block..easy drive. We ate at Rubys and it was good. The room's stayed really cool, bathroom was very big and clean. Only gripe there was they only provided three towels, so we had to go down and get another one each night for the four of us. Towels for the pool are provided poolside. Beds nice and comfy. Alarm clock had lighted snooze button, which didn't bother me. Nice blackout curtains made sleeping in easy. Housekeeping didn't knock on the door because we had the do not disturb out one morning, just slid a note under the door asking us to let the front desk know before 1pm if we wanted service. Told her in the hall and the room was clean when we got back. Overall great hotel. Located right next to I-40, too. Highly recommend, but I'd get reservations as it is a good one right off the interstate.

1  Thank txgirlfriday7678
Reviewed 31 July 2011

This hotel was beautiful inside and out. It was very clean and looked new. The breakfast was wonderful and so far it has been the best breakfast I have had at a Holiday Inn Express. I was most impressed with the juices. Usually they are very watered down, but this hotel had the best drinks. Everyone was very friendly and my room was excellent. I had booked a whirlpool suite and it did not disappoint. The bathroom was huge. It had the whirlpool tub, glass shower, beautiful sink, and a TV!! It was so fun and relaxing to be able to take a bubble bath and watch TV. They had a hot tub and pool indoors that were also really great and never that busy. The bed was so comfortable and very tall. I love tall beds so this was a good surprise for me to find. Their were robes in the closet, the microwave was new and sleek, the mini fridge worked well, and there was an assortment of coffees and teas for my choosing. The location was great, as well. It was right off I-40 and located near multiple restaurants. I will definitely stay here again if I'm in the Amarillo area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank VLS82
Reviewed 19 July 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel July 9th for one night. We checked in late and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We were given a suite that faced I-40 and were afraid we would hear the traffic noise, but we did not hear the traffic at all! The room was very nice and clean as was the bathroom.
Overall, this was a very well-maintained hotel and we will definitely stay there again. In fact, we wanted to stay there when we came back through later in the week but they were booked for that weekend.

1  Thank FalconCoTravelers