We stayed at this hotel during a *very* difficult time. A family member passed away, then we unexpectedly had to place 2 family members in care facilities. I cannot begin to convey how caring and supportive the staff members were during this long process.
They helped us when we had to make reservations for family coming for the funeral; when we had to unexpectedly stay another week; when I had to stay yet another week, alone, to care for my husband's family. They never acted put-upon when I walked up with yet another request and always handled our requests with a smile and a sympathetic ear.
Yes, it is visually a typical Holiday Inn Express. But this one is extra-clean and fresh. Also, I thought the breakfast food was just a little superior to others in this chain: butter instead of margarine, good fresh fruit every morning, several choices of yogurt instead of just one brand/flavor. I stayed at a different Holiday Inn Express in a different city, a few weeks later, and the difference in the level of care and quality of food was quite evident.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo, Texas, home of the American Quarter Horse headquarters and Museum. Our Amarillo hotel is centrally located just 3 miles from downtown, the medical center and Westgate Mall. We feature stylish executive suites and spacious standard rooms. All rooms come fully equipped with a microwave, wet bar and refrigerator. This Amarillo hotel features a spectacular indoor heated pool with hot tub, and a fitness center with a flat panel TV. And yes, we are that hotel with the waterfall, located directly behind the Texas Roadhouse. Whether you are travelling for business or pleasure, our hotel invites you to enjoy the 100% smoke free and pet free environment, together with the free, hot Express Start breakfast (mmm cinnamon rolls). Local attractions: Amarillo Civic Center, Tri State Fairgrounds, Amarillo Globe News Center for the Performing Arts, American Quarter Horse Headquarters & Museum, Heritage museum, Wolflin Village, Historic Route 66, Cadillac Ranch, Palo Duro Canyon featuring the official play of the State of Texas, La Paloma golf course, Amarillo Country Club, West Texas A&M, Amarillo Community College Local businesses: Rick Husband Amarillo International Airport, Tradewinds Airport, Bell Helicopter, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Pantex, Tyson Foods, Owens Corning, BSA Hospital, North West Hospital, and The Laser Center for Vision. We look forward to seeing you in Amarillo! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Amarillo
- Holiday Inn Express Amarillo
- Holiday Inn Amarillo
- Amarillo Holiday Inn