“Not one of your better Holiday Inns”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo
Ranked #16 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Fort Worth, Texas
“Not one of your better Holiday Inns”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

This Holiday Inn Express is located just off I-40 west of downtown Amarillo in the Wolflin shopping area. It offers the usual free wi-fi and breakfast. We had a room on the top floor with two double beds, which were fairly comfy. The room was reasonably quiet and had a kitchenette, hair dryer, iron, ironing board, and mini safe. There was a decent amount of closet space. The nice-sized Samsung TV worked fine and had a good selection of channels.

This is an older hotel and we had some issues with the bathroom. The sink faucet dripped incessantly. The toilet tank had a leak, so it kept refilling. The tub drain was semi-clogged. The bathroom door didn't latch closed. I reported all this to the front desk when we were checking out. Though I was happy with the fair amount of counter space, I didn't like the low, narrow tub, which caused me to have to stand at an angle so I wouldn't bash my elbows into the wall while I was washing my hair. Also, the shower curtain had poor coverage.

In order to sleep at night, I had to cover the light from the clock in the microwave oven with a towel because it was so bright.

On the whole, we'd prefer to stay at the Holiday Inn further to the west.

Room Tip: Higher floors tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DebiDalio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay here, and we found it was still convenient for us. The very deep mattress in the King suite was a bit firm for my husband's bad back, but I found it quite comfortable. I especially liked having a choice of firm and soft pillows. Our third floor room was very quiet, but we specifically asked for a room away from the Interstate. We stay here because the Texas Roadhouse Restaurant is located across the parking lot, so no need to drive anywhere for dinner.
Breakfast does not begin until 6:30 am, so we had to delay our start until after that. It would have been more convenient if breakfast started at 6am instead.
Check-in was good, and we found the staff very friendly.
Convenience is the primary reason we have stayed at this Holiday Inn Express. The others located on the West side of Amarillo really require driving to get to area restaurants.
Would definitely return to this Holiday Inn Express.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

On the whole, we'd prefer to stay at the Holiday Inn further to the west.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

My 3 friends and I were in town for a horse event and stayed 5 nights. Hotel was very clean and a great value. Loved the fridge, microwave and little sink in the kitchen. Jacuzzi was used every night and was also very clean. The breakfast was ok, being gluten free not much for me to eat. Super yummy coffee!!!! The room was a little cozy for 3, but very doable. Super comfy beds!!! We will stay there again next year.

• Stayed October 2013
God's chosen county of Lancashire - England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stayed here for 1 night of a 33 night roadtrip. The hotel is slightly out of town, but only a couple of minutes drive from I-40 which takes you to suck tacky (in a good way!) places like the Big Texan and the Cadillac Ranch. My room was quiet and clean, and the bed was super-comfortable. The staff were friendly (by Texan standards!) and check-in was swift. Would I stay here again? Yes, although I'm not sure when I'll next be in this part of the US.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

I'd like to start by saying I am a platinum member for the chain. I was not treated like one. The first gentleman lied about my complimentary room upgrade. I spoke to a woman and rooms magically became available. The girl that checked me in needed a tutorial on her job. Don't ask for toiletry items because they will never show up. The hotel itself is clean and the beds are very comfy. I enjoyed the large bathrooms and housekeeping is efficient and on the ball. The manager I talked to after my stay was wonderful. It's the front desk and night staff that are lacking.

• Stayed September 2013
Cheyenne, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

When we arrived at this Holiday Inn, Erica greeted us with the utmost attitude and introduced us to the points program. We had just left Cheyenne with a bad experience at another hotel chain. Erica was awesome and so was Veronica at breakfast. These two ladies are a definite assestt to your hotel. We were very pleased and will continue to stay at Holiday Inn on our travels.

Room Tip: You can count on good clean rooms and the staff members are so friendly and accomodating. We found t...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple