This Holiday Inn Express is located just off I-40 west of downtown Amarillo in the Wolflin shopping area. It offers the usual free wi-fi and breakfast. We had a room on the top floor with two double beds, which were fairly comfy. The room was reasonably quiet and had a kitchenette, hair dryer, iron, ironing board, and mini safe. There was a decent amount of closet space. The nice-sized Samsung TV worked fine and had a good selection of channels.
This is an older hotel and we had some issues with the bathroom. The sink faucet dripped incessantly. The toilet tank had a leak, so it kept refilling. The tub drain was semi-clogged. The bathroom door didn't latch closed. I reported all this to the front desk when we were checking out. Though I was happy with the fair amount of counter space, I didn't like the low, narrow tub, which caused me to have to stand at an angle so I wouldn't bash my elbows into the wall while I was washing my hair. Also, the shower curtain had poor coverage.
In order to sleep at night, I had to cover the light from the clock in the microwave oven with a towel because it was so bright.
On the whole, we'd prefer to stay at the Holiday Inn further to the west.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo, Texas, home of the American Quarter Horse headquarters and Museum. Our Amarillo hotel is centrally located just 3 miles from downtown, the medical center and Westgate Mall. We feature stylish executive suites and spacious standard rooms. All rooms come fully equipped with a microwave, wet bar and refrigerator. This Amarillo hotel features a spectacular indoor heated pool with hot tub, and a fitness center with a flat panel TV. And yes, we are that hotel with the waterfall, located directly behind the Texas Roadhouse. Whether you are travelling for business or pleasure, our hotel invites you to enjoy the 100% smoke free and pet free environment, together with the free, hot Express Start breakfast (mmm cinnamon rolls). Local attractions: Amarillo Civic Center, Tri State Fairgrounds, Amarillo Globe News Center for the Performing Arts, American Quarter Horse Headquarters & Museum, Heritage museum, Wolflin Village, Historic Route 66, Cadillac Ranch, Palo Duro Canyon featuring the official play of the State of Texas, La Paloma golf course, Amarillo Country Club, West Texas A&M, Amarillo Community College Local businesses: Rick Husband Amarillo International Airport, Tradewinds Airport, Bell Helicopter, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Pantex, Tyson Foods, Owens Corning, BSA Hospital, North West Hospital, and The Laser Center for Vision. We look forward to seeing you in Amarillo! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Amarillo
- Holiday Inn Express Amarillo
- Holiday Inn Amarillo
- Amarillo Holiday Inn