“Get away.”

Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo
Ranked #4 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Breakfast is good. Heater was acting up and a pillow that should have been thrown away. It was disgusting. The staff is always friendly, but if your going to comp a room don't ask the guest just do it. It puts you on the spot so needless to say my husband said no.

• Stayed: January 2014
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I love to hear from our guests, as we use your comments to help improve our product and services. I sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issues you experienced. This is not Drury standard. I would love to speak with you about your stay if you wish to contact me at the hotel at your convenience. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Thank you for choosing Drury!
Maggie V.

There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Great place to treat yourself and your family. Wonderful rooms, breakfast, evening kickback, pool, exercise room, etc. You owe it to yourself to book a stay. New lady at the breakfast was quite friendly and used great customer skills! Quite accessible to other restaurants for noon and evening choices. Great place to stay!!!
]

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Yet another Drury Inn (I think I'm up to 6-8 of'em) which met all my expectations for the chain. Easy access from I40. The standard breakfast/light-dinner. Standard room. My only complaint was that there was a bit of road noise on the I40 side. It didn't keep me up, but it was noticeable. One advantage of the hotel is that you're only 2 miles away from the Cadillac Ranch, which is accessible from the access road on the south side of I40. The word at the front desk was that the Home Depot down the road sold more spray paint than any other because of people taking it down to the ranch to graffiti the cars (Its allowed).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We came up from Lubbock for a weekend visit w/ two small children. It's a nice hotel and great perks such as hot breakfast and the evening kickback which was a meal as well which all Drury's have from my understanding. Pool is pretty nice was okay and hot tub decent. The service was okay - the guy at the front was great - we did have a couple others that were not as friendly. But, overall, I would stay here again when traveling to Amarillo.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2014

This Drury was a perfect stop on our way to Phoenix and would be an excellent place to stay if travelling with our dogs (but not this time)! Pet friendly and nice! Lobby was large and provided access to a computer if needed.

Check in was easy and our room was ready as we arrived around 6pm. The room was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was clean with ample towels, and the bed … “bedder” than most. Wi-Fi was provided, which was useful for us.

The hotel provided (W/O charge) a “Happy Hour – Dinner” of sorts including Mac & Cheese, Hot Dogs, Nachos & Cheese, Salad, Chicken Strips and assorted beverages which included soda, wine and beer. This was most appreciated as we arrived after 6pm and didn’t feel like heading out for dinner after a long day’s drive. Breakfast was better than most highway hotels with eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, waffles and other choices if interested.

Might have been on the higher end of costs but the “extras” more than covered the outlay and the comfort exceed the average!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stay here every year when we drive from Kansas to New Mexico. It is the perfect place for an overnight stop.

The first time I stayed here, I wondered about noise because this hotel is right off the interstate, but the rooms, even those facing the highway, are sound-proof. There's a pool for kids, and this is a very pet-friendly hotel.

After a long, hot trip, it is great to be here in the cool, clean rooms. There is a 5:30 - 7 snack bar, which usually includes hot dogs, bake potatoes, chicken nuggets -- it's more than plenty for supper. But, if you're still hungry, there are great restaurants within walking distance of the hotel -- Famous Dave's, Saltgrass steak house, Italian and Japanese food, to name a few. The breakfast the next morning is always good, too.

You are about 1 mile from the Cadillac Ranch.

I love staying here. Staff are great.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Compared to Drury Inns in other areas, this is one of their more expensive hotels. But it's worth it if you eat dinner at their evening happy hour, and for the confidence that you'll have a good experience because it's a Drury Inn. We've stayed here on two road trips, and had clean, quiet rooms and plenty to eat for dinner both times. The bartender on our last trip was most impressive: a great attitude, smiles for all, keeping up with food refills at the buffet while serving drinks.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple