“Average Hotel; Convenient for Families” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo

Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo
Ranked #3 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Oregon
“Average Hotel; Convenient for Families”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

After driving 16 hours, I was just happy to find a place to stay for the night. The room felt a little dirty, but I have stayed in worse conditioned rooms. The breakfast looked nice. I just wanted a banana and yogurt. This location is pet friendly, and it seems family friendly. There were a lot of children running around the hotel. Easy access from I-40. We had planned to stay elsewhere, but this was at the corner of a traffic light and the rate fair. We decided to pull into the parking lot. If you are traveling on a budget with children and/or pets, then I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo, responded to this review, 10 November 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am happy you enjoyed your breakfast and that you feel our hotel is a great value! I sincerely apologize about the cleanliness issue you experienced and would welcome the opportunity to talk to you about your experience with the room. Please call me at your convenience.

Maggie Vaughan
806-351-1111

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Rye, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

This Drury felt tired from the lobby to the elevators. Floors wet from kids running from the pool was not a great first impression.
Complimentary breakfast was the worst we have experienced at a Drury. No bacon, milk had run out for the cereal, coffee was weak and all served on styrene crockery.
Front desk staff were pleasant and professional.
Beds comfortable but a/c noisy.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dave2305
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo, TX and for your compliments on our friendly staff. Summer is upon us and we do have many families using our pool. I am sorry the floors near the elevators appeared wet and I'll alert my staff to watch this even more closely. The Drury breakfast includes waffles, biscuits, gravy, sausage, cereals, fresh fruit, toast, donuts, eggs, breakfast potato's, and more. We are sorry you were looking for bacon and possibly someday that will be one of our choices. Currently our Drury Plaza hotels use china & glassware for breakfast, but all Drury Inn & Suite hotels do use the stryo plates. Thanks again for staying and for sharing feedback regarding our hotel. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Maggie V.
Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I am a fan of Drury Hotels, but this one fell more than a little short. The people and service were wonderful, but the property isn't up to the standards of other Drury hotels we've visited. The hallway had a smell to it and it just didn't feel super clean. I realize Drury is pet friendly, but I think they really should consider setting aside some floors where pets are not allowed so guests don't have to experience dander & pet odor. The food service area just didn't feel as clean either.

The furnishings really need updating.......big oak furniture just isn't appealing. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Desertbluff
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I love to hear from our guests! I am glad to hear you enjoyed our staff and service. I apologize, though, that your stay did not meet your expectations. All of our Drury Hotels are pet friendly. We have a special cleaning process and procedure in place so that our rooms and dining area remains clean and well maintained, as we remain busy most of the time. Our goal is to provide a good value so all our guests enjoy a clean and comfortable stay.

Thank you again and I hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Maggie Vaughan
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Most of the hotels that permit pets these days are rather shabby; so, it was a pleasure to find a fresh new property with very nice rooms like the Drury Inn in Amarillo that accepts pets, and I might add at the lowest charge I've known. Everything in the room was in tiptop condition, and the large bath had excellent lighting. We were too late in our arrival for the free wine and snacks, but the breakfast was good. One small negative for our stay was that one of the two elevators was under repair, not a small inconvenience in a six story building with about 150 rooms. We will definitely stay again when in Amarillo.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert L
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Even though I shy away from pet-friendly hotels, the hotel and rooms were clean and well-maintained. The free drinks, snacks and breakfast made the stay even more enjoyable and the staff did a great job to take care of us. The customer service during the meals and at the desk during check out/check were fabulous. Plus within walking distance are several good restaurants and within a mile are parks and mall.

Room Tip: Even though I was on the second floor and faced the interstate, I couldn't tell. Not much noise...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank chivster
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Dogs are welcome at the Drury Inn. You get a nice complementary breakfast and an evening snack, and popcorn. That cuts out two meals in your day. The rooms are always nice and clean. I stop there when I'm going to New Mexico or Colorado. They have a business center, a lounging area, and a decent pool.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Frozensummer
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hard to find a nice dog friendly hotel in Amarillo. I've stayed other places here and they were average at best. This Amarillo Drury, like all Drury Inns, is a very nice place to stay. One small thing that impresses me- even on a hot afternoon when walking in to our room the air was fresh and pleasant. Most hotels we stay at are stuffy; somehow Drury manages to circulate air through the rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business