“good place to stay”

Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo
Ranked #4 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 10 November 2008

I have stayed at this hotel several times and it is good. The staff is helpful,the rooms clean. The breakfast and evening drinks are nice. It is in a good location for getting around. The only thing missing is a airport shuttle. It is the best place to stay in town.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pcc10

Reviewed 31 October 2008

Staff was friendly, room was clean and even though we were assigned a room near the elevator, all was quiet - an exceptional value for online booking price. Location is great, easy to get to and many, many restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2008

The hotel was clean, everything worked just fine, but we did run into some issues. When we first checked in, they had us booked for the wrong nights and therefore cancelled our reservations. They finally got us into a room, but when we went into the room, someone was already in there. They made a second attempt and put us in a room that someone was already in. The third time worked just fine.

The pool was out of towels, except for the wet one laying around the pool.

I heard others complaining at the front desk. It appears they had enough staff, but just poorly managed.

I will stay the staff that was working, did a good job and we ended up buying them pizza, they had a very difficult day.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2008

We got a great deal through Hotwire on the Drury Inn. My partner was skeptical based on a past Drury experience, but was proven wrong in Amarillo. The hotel was new, with great service and amazing amenities. The breakfast was expansive and good, and they served drinks and snacks in the evening - the spread was good enough that we didn't even need to eat dinner! Location was good, there was a movie theater nearby, a mall and restaurants. I wish the pool was a little larger, but otherwise I was very pleased!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lolatcg
Reviewed 2 August 2008

After reading the Tripadvisor reviews, I selected the hotel - Its not that the hotel was bad, it just wasnt 'the best' - The rooms were nice, the place was clean- I had the booked the room like 5 days earlier, but when i arrived the only non-smoking king room was on the top smoking floor- I settled for a 2 queen room...

The reception snack at nite was really just adequate - the wine was fine, but the snack food was mostly just chips and tasteless appetizers - breakfast was about the same - just food tossed at you...

I wasnt looking for a cheap place- Wanted something kind of nice and I was disappointed...

Being rated 'BEST' in Amarillo, I expected more - Maybe its more an Amarillo than a Drury problem...

The room with tax was $124 - That was probably high for the area...

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank beth_19a
Reviewed 28 July 2008

This hotel was recommended by a local (I wanted one where it would be fairly safe to park a limited edition car) and I got it for 69.99 through the Drury's website. We arrived a little late and missed the free beverages but upon arrival the lobby was really nice. We checked in, went into our room which was nice, cozy, and clean. We walked to one of the MANY restaurants within walking distance to the hotel. We ended up at Carino's Italian and it was delicious. I had lots of leftovers too. We did have to get up in the middle of the night and turn the air down to the lowest it would let (65) because even at 68 it was hot but that is all new hotels we stay in. We went to the free breakfast which was hot, fresh, and delicious then checked out and headed on our way to Colorado. Next time I travel, if there is a Drury Inn, I will be staying there.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Crissy7682
Reviewed 28 June 2008

This is one of the newer properties in town. They have a nightly reception which includes food and mixed drinks. The folks at the front desk and staff in general were pretty friendly.

The room itself is spacious and includes a mini fridge and microwave. The bathroom was very clean and spacious. The linens on the bed were updated and the bed was very comfortable.

Overall I would definitely stay here again. Check for weekend specials on their website.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple