“Will definetly be back here to stay!”

WoodSpring Suites Amarillo
Ranked #40 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Dallas, Texas
“Will definetly be back here to stay!”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I had stayed here once , several years ago and was not at all pleased , I have to stay I'm glad I gave it another chance. The staff was great , Sam is such a sweetheart! The only negative thing I can come up with is you do hear those above you if they are heavy walker , other then that my room was great and since my last stay new beds and TV's !! Keep up the great work. See you in 3 weeks !

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank mattie_1956
Sean A, Owner at WoodSpring Suites Amarillo, responded to this review, 25 February 2015
We cannot thank you enough for your continued support. Your positive thoughts and insight are greatly appreciated and we hope you will continue to stay with Value Place. Customers like you are the reason we strive to uphold such high standards. Thank you again and hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My husband and I moved in to the Value Place for a week while we waited for the apartment we rented in town to become available. We are young and not rich so we thought the price was right for just one week. Checking in, the staff seemed friendly. The room was nothing fancy but clean & just what we needed. The real trouble came when we tried to do some laundry. My husband and I took all the clothing we could spare down to wash, my husband went down without a shirt. We were very rudely informed by the "Security Attendant" in the hallway of the first floor, right in the doorway of the laundry room that that my husband was REQUIRED to wear a shirt. We thought it was odd, but we shrugged it off. Policy is policy. My husband ran upstairs to our room to get a shirt while I continued into the laundry room to start our clothes to washing. The "Security Attendant" followed me into the laundry room to further lecture me on the policies of the Value Place. Imagine how weird it might be, being a young twenty-something-year-old lady followed into an empty room by a creepy older man who insisted on talking to you about something that was not your fault. I informed him that it was not his place and left as quickly as I could. . . Later that night as my husband and I were lying in bed watching TV, the "Security Attendant" knocked on our door and told us we were being too loud. My husband told him that we didn't think we were being loud, and we would continue to be quiet. That thankfully was enough to get him to leave. . . Tonight, I was alone in bed, asleep, when my room phone started to ring. The "Security Attendant" on the line told me that I needed to be quieter and "settle in for the night". I told him I had been asleep & he said that the complaint had been about my stomping and that I needed to quit. That was rich. I had not moved a muscle in two hours. The thing is that my husband and I hear stomping in this room too, which is situated right next to the stairwell. This place has PAPER THIN walls. Too bad the "Security Attendant" doesn't understand that fact. The "Security Attendant" has a "gotcha!" smirk & does not yield to logic. Who knows when he'll accuse us of something else. I would only recommend this place to someone if they got a room on the first floor and stayed clear of the "Security Attendant".

Room Tip: Do NOT let them put you in a room on the second or third floor next to the stairwell. You will get a...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank KSB8911

Travellers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stop because I saw a sign they have a $209.00 weekly rate but when I was doing the check in the amoujt go up to $419.00, i asked for the rate in the sign and he said that was only for a king bed, and i need a double. They charged $200.00 plus for a double beds.

• Stayed May 2013
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Amarillo, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately it sounds like we did not meet your needs this time. For that, I apologize. The sign rate listed on on the sign is for our Studio room. This room is designed for two people. If you have more than two people, a Studio Double is a much better option for not too much more a week. I hope that in the future we are a better fit for your needs.
Reviewed 28 December 2012

This place has all types of unnecessary fees that are not mentioned up front. The walls are extremely thin. The office is never open. The guys at the desk are creepy men, one who has a very nasty attitude and treats guests as if they are a bother to him. Only the first floor is reserved for non-smoking, which I found to be inconvenient or those who want peace. Smoking guests get the better rooms. A charge for internet and linens...SAD! The linens are dingy and not that clean. Upper floor guests can be heard walking above your head. Some guests are rude and noisy. The only good thing about this place was the cleanliness and the nice housekeeping ladies, which is why this place gets a halfway decent review. If you want peace and quiet, this may not be the place for you. I found that you get what you pay for and this place is mainly for lonely, rude, nasty, and rowdy, truckers and men who need short-term living. Oh, and I found a lot of trashy women hanging around as well begging men for money from time to time.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank serenely
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Different prices for different folks. As much as 100 dollars less for some guests a month Good luck in negotiating anything less than retail on billboard. Beware of desk managers double speak and honesty. Had a line longer than Walmart. Did not do a monthly discount or give back 40 dollars rebate from taxes. Keep them honest and don't back down.

Room Tip: Better stay on top floor if you don't want to listen to stompy running around.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank tooling
, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Amarillo, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
One of the benefits of Value Place is that you only pay for what you use. That is one of the reason we are able to keep our rate so low. We keep our rates at a fantastic level so that discounts are not really needed in many cases. There should never be a problem with the manager being honest about rate or anything else at the property. The manager that was on board during your stay is no longer with the company. We are diligently working to find a replacement and will hold that person to the same standards as everyone else. Treat everyone fairly and with respect.

We sincerely wish you the best on your travels and hope that you visit us again soon.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 15 June 2011

If you DON'T need internet, this is a wonderful place. My work involves weeks long projects in many places. It is SO nice to have a full fridge and small stove top. Room is nice and quiet. Staff is helpful and housekeeping FAR exceeds expectations. If you don't need internet, or have your own aircard or such, it is a great value.

If you do need internet, forget it! For the couple months I stayed here, internet service consistently deteriorated and I spent some evenings seeking out McDonald parking lots for WiFi. Internet seems to work OK during the day, but in evenings, on a good night, you will spend much time re-connecting. Several evenings and a few days were without any connection at all.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor if possible.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank smckay1066
, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Amarillo, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
We are very happy your stay with us aside from the internet issues. We are diligently working to address all internet issues.

Once again, we are very pleased that our you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that any time you need lodging you will look for a Value Place.

Value Place Property Management
nm
Reviewed 2 March 2010

I have been a guest at several extended stay type hotels and found this one lacking in alot of areas important for business travel. The bed was very uncomfortable and lacking any support. The pillows were almost nonexistent. There were no curtains for the windows and the blinds were not sufficient to block the light, very frustrating if trying to sleep during the day. I found the nearby interstate traffic noise to be intrusive at times. Unlike the other reviewer, I had trouble contacting the staff to deal with other guests partying and playing music until the early moring.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business