“Comfortable room, good location”
Review of Quality Inn East

Quality Inn East
Ranked #58 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 27 April 2012

No problems at all with our one-night stay at this facility. The room as spacious, though it could have been designed a bit different (TV off to one side - couldn't watch it in bed, and the desk was directly opposite the bed, so sitting down at the desk, the other person would need to climb over the bed to get to the other side! But that's a little thing). The room did have a slightly worn appearance, but we've certainly stayed in worse and everything was in good repair. Although it sits right on the I-40 frontage road, the sound-proofing was quite good. By running the fan, we heard almost no street noise. Plenty of places to eat right in the area, and it's almost right on the on-ramp to get back onto I-40 west. Breakfast was typical Quality Inn fare, which isn't bad - eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, fruit, yogurt, cereal.

Staff was polite and professional. They didn't really go out of their way to be over-the-top helpful, but the receptionist did answer our questions about finding a good restaurant and we had no problems at all during check-out. Would stay here again if passing through Amarillo.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn East

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Nothing real good or bad to write about this hotel. Did have a pretty good breakfast. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My wife and i stayed here for 4 nights bevause of a massive winter storm closed all the roads around amarillo. The hotel itself is owned by the same group that owns the Baymont Inn in Amarillo as well. The hotel is kind of in a bad spot. You have to get off the interstate and do a u-turn before finally getting to it. We checked in around 7pm that evening. The front desk was run by a woman who appeared highschoolish in age and her boyfriend who was playing on the computer for guests. The room itself is a old and outdated. You see cracks everywhere, outdated (sometimes nasty) furniture, and other problems. The bed was a mice king size. Mattress was comfortable and blankets/sheets were clean. They do have breakfast in the mornings which consist of biscuits, waffles, eggs and cereal. Overall if your just looking for a decently priced hotel to stay at for a night this place isnt that bad for the money.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank volunteer911
Reviewed 20 October 2011

The hotel booked our room not at the time of arrival - knowing the hot water wasn't working. Only when we complained did they offer a 20% discount. That on the top of the bathtub not draining the COLD water and the TV remote not working made this stay terrible. If those things don't bother you - then this is the hotel for you.....

Room Tip: This hotel booked our reservation KNOWING THEY DID NOT HAVE HOT WATER - only when we complained did...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2011

front desk clerk not too friendly, got a ground floor room as requested, but NO Hot Water at all, was not able to take a shower or bath, very disapointed for this type of hotel.

Room Tip: trucks park on left side of building making pulling in and out of a parking spot very tough
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Faces I40. Had room at back so it wasnt too noisy. Ideal as an overnight stopover but nothing more. Breakfast fine, pool pleasant, room okay (no fridge) if in need of good springclean-could smell stale cigarette smoke.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Upon check in, I asked specifically told the gal I wanted to be parekd near office, as last time someone tried to scam me in parking lot. She said " oh , we have you over behind the building,lots of people there, no worries. Good neighborhood."
Well, thank goodness for my German Shepard dog, as this time another man in the morning approached me and tried to bumrush me , my passenger was open, or he would have reached me. I yell " NO!" My German Shepard dog was in room, and barked and the man ran. Went to office, lame response from them, no refund, no discount, no nothing! I was so pissed I took my dog,, loaded up and left! This place sucks, and I am a Choice Hotels member..so never, ever again will I stay in any CHOICR HOTEL!!!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here, ever.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business