“Overnight stay ok”
Review of Quality Inn East

Quality Inn East
Ranked #59 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We were driving on vacation from chicago to vegas...wanted to stop for the night and eat at Big Texan Steakhouse in Amarillo 3 miles from here this steakhouse so you can eat, drink and be ready to relax once you get to hotel. Exit on 71, past the comfort suites and other Choice hotels. Looks run down on the outside but is very clean and comfortable inside! Breakfast which starts at 6 am in small cafeteruia inside lobby is awesome with fresh cooked eggs and sausage, waffles, fresh fruit, oatmeal, cereal, coffee, orange juice, muffins...Staff was very friendly and helpful also. Booked 3 weeks in advance thru Choice Hotels membership (free) to get discounted price.

Room Tip: get towards front and 1st floor or else you will be parking at back of hotel which is hard to find r...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn East, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Thank you for your kind words, Nancy (our breakfast attendant) will definitely appreciate them.. We are glad you chose us, we hope to see you again next time!

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I want to say that the staff was fantastic. We did experience some room issues, no chain locks, running toilets, dirty floor. The room was a bit run down and needs updating. there is construction going on in the parking lot. they are building a tire business so this may have attributed to the mess in the parking lot and on the floors. the pool had much Styrofoam in it from the site. Little pieces. For what they charge, you could do better. It's more of a $50 room. My sheets and linens were clean and the shower worked well. Again, the staff was very nice and polite.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn East, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words, I will pass them along to the staff! It is true, the construction next door has posed some challenges for us but, as they are wrapping that up, I think the worst is behind us!

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We had a really horrible experience both with the staff and the room. We were very skeptical of the rooms due to bad reviews, but were forced to stay there anyway. After arriving we had read a sign about taking no more reservations because they were booked. We were given two keys that didn't read in the door. I returned to the front desk where I was schooled on how to enter these keys... Come to find out the key I wasn't the dummy... Water had gotten into the the electric door reader. I asked since they were sold out and the door didn't work to the room could we be refunded and go down the road. He refused...insisting that I take the room three doors down. ( I thought you were sold out). The room reeked of cigarettes, pets, and dirt. Light didn't work in front room area and there were stains on the white comforter that looked like dry blood. After sharing this the management just shrugged their shoulders and three days after our stay charged us $15 I assume to pay for their nasty comforter. We were taking advantage of and treated with no respect. They do not value their business, the customer, or their own Conscious to do what's right.

Please make a better choice.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Chris O
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn East, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

I am truly sorry to hear about your stay, this should not have happened to you. We were indeed sold out but our staff should NOT have made you stay in a substandard room, I will discuss this with our clerk on his next shift! I am the owner of the management company recently contracted to bring up the QUALITY of this Quality Inn. It is my hope that you give us some time to make things better and consider us again in the future. Please contact me at the hotel if I can be of any further assistance.
806-350-7479

Reviewed 16 June 2013

We stayed at the Quality Inn East Amarillo for a three days summer 2013. This hotel was awful and the “quality” has decreased greatly from our last stay here 5 or 6 years ago.

Let me just list all of the problems as there were many:

Toilet – did not flush well and ran all night, when we tried to shut the door to quiet the noise, the bathroom door handle came off. Three calls to office, 2 maintenance visits, and still 2-3 flush attempts to work by our third and final day.

Bathtub – two small spiders in tub when we arrived.

Table chairs – dirty and stained, very foul looking, used the bathroom hand towels to sit on as the stains looked filthy. A few bugs on the table, so we used a table cloth.

Lamp – the standing lamp did not have a bulb, took many hours to get. Lamp was also filled with dust and numerous stains and dirt on the base.

Refrigerator: handle was broken, freezer section was filled with ice, obviously had never been defrosted or cleaned, plus there were some small stains inside.

Room maintenance: I stayed in the room for several entire days and the room was cleaned our second full day although we had to go to the front office for hand towels and face cloths as none were left. I stayed in the room the entire third day and although the staff came by twice to clean, they offered to come back later and never did. Also, for some strange reason, one of the beds had a comforter under the bedspread and the other bed had a thin blanket with a hole under the bedspread.

Outside maintenance: our room was on the second floor and the stairwell we used was “carpeted” but with a good number of holes and fraying. My husband and I had to go up and down the stairs very carefully as it was rather easy to get your foot caught in the frayed material and we did almost trip a few times. Also, there were some large cracks and gaps in the cement.

On the plus side, the A/C worked well, as did the WIFI. The kitchen and maintenance staff were also quite nice and respectful and the public areas (lobby and breakfast area) were very well maintained.

Overall, this was a very unpleasant experience and I am disappointed that the managerment does not take an active role in examining the rooms for customer comfort, general cleaniness and maintenance as we did let the hotel know of our disatisfaction. It is not the job or the responsibility of the maintenance and housekeeping staff to make sure each room is in workable and presentable condition. This hotel has many rooms, yet a 3-minute room check every 4-8 weeks could have easily remedied all of the unacceptable ongoing problems we encountered. Quality Inn and S and K Hospitality should be ashamed.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tracmar

Firstly, thank you for so thorough a list of issues you encountered. I am holding a meeting this week with my maintenance and housekeeping staff and using your list to help show them the importance of these issues o our guests! I have only just been contracted to bring this hotel back "up to snuff", it is my hope you keep us in mind and give us another chance in the future. We are instituting a Prevenative Maintenance and Room Inspection process at this property and we think it will do much in the way of correcting these issues.

806-350-7479

Reviewed 6 June 2013

I stayed a couple of nights here and I can tell you one thing, if you can avoid it, DO IT. The property was hard to get to do to the netting. The parking lot was in horrible condition. The rooms were run down and the breakfast was cold. When I can use Choice Hotels, I do and this was the worst experience in one. I was appalled, by the hateful girl at the front desk. Her attitude was atrocious!! Did I mention that I was appalled. I have never been treated like that anywhere I went. When I bothered to ask her name, she basically snarled it at me. If I am not mistaken, she said her name was Anise or Denise. Who really cares other than to report her to Choice Hotels customer service. I will never stay with this Quality Inn again. If I could give them -5, I would.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Keisha C
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn East, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

I am terribly sorry to hear about your experience, there is truly no excuse for such a bad reception! I have just been contracted by the hotel as manager and hope to avoid any future issues. Please do not hesitate to call me if there is anything at all I can do to address your concerns!

806-376-9993

Reviewed 27 May 2013

From the highway, this looks like just another run-of-the-mill property of the 1960's variety along I-40. But it is actually a very comfortable, up-to-date, clean and well run motel, and one of the better Quality Inns that I have stayed at.

Check-in was thandled efficiently by a very personable night staff person who went out of his way to make sure I was satisfied with his service. Although the building itself is a brick structure and older, the rooms are nicely appointed and spotlessly furnished. The single-unit climate control (heat, air conditioning) was an older model that put out plenty of warm air but which was a bit noisy when running, as is often the case with these older units. The bathroom was, like the room, spotless, and there was a mini-fridge in the room as well.

The wireless internet worked well and I had no problem connecting to it.

Although adjacent to I-40, along the north service road, I did not detect any unusual highway noise in the room and was able to get a decent night's sleep.

Check out was also handled by an efficient, friendly person.

Overall, this was a pleasant stay, and the staff were friendly nd helpful.

A variety of discounts (senior, AAA, and others) are available at the Choice Hotels website, and Choice frequently runs some very nice promotions making it easy to earn free stays.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank step12dude
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I will start off on a good note, the room was non-smoking and didn't smell like smoke. We ended up checking in late and the guy checking us in was completely rude and just totally acted like he didn't want to be there. When we got to the room the bed looked worn out and pillows were flat. The bathroom was dim and yellow, and the bath tub was disgusting!!! They had those non-slip strips in the bathroom and they were peeling up and just uncomfortable. The walls looked dirty and the air conditioner was loud. Luckily my friends and i decided to go have a few drinks and got back and just slept though but was rudely awaken by the construction next door. I would not stay here and i would not recommend it.

and just on a random note...there is a room service menu in the room....but they don't even offer room service!!! -__-

Room Tip: My tip for a good room, stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends