“older but comfortable”

Ranked #57 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Hayesville
“older but comfortable”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This hotel is older but very clean. Rooms are spacious and beds are good.The pool is clean and well maintained. I like hotels like this with outside access. Easy to get things in and out from car.The lobby has an office center and breakfast. I have CLC. lodgeing,so the room was right at 50.00. Great deal for a business trip.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Iris M
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn East, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Iris,

Thank you for the kind words, we think it's pretty comfortable too! I will pass your kind words on to the staff in our next meeting!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Asheville
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The hotel is very old but clean. AC did not work so room was very stuffy. Room was clean but had the feeling of not quite finished. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was very good. Wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jane Lee V
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn East, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
I am sorry to hear you had a less than perfect stay! I will, however, pass on your kind words to our staff and breakfast attendant!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Have even away for 3 weeks and this is sadly the worst motel of the trip. Dirty outside, missing, worn, dirty carpets on outside stairs, beds are in incredibly poor shape. I looked for bedbugs because the place is so poorly cleaned..

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn East, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
I am terribky sorry you did not find the hotel to your liking, our company has just recently (June) been contracted to bring this property back up to "Quality" standards. We hope you unerstand that this process takes time and give us a try in the future. I can assure you we do NOT have bedbugs, however!

Travellers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2013

While traveling cross country this was our stop in Amarillo. The room was basic and clean. Construction in the area by the rooms was going on but they finished early enough that we weren't bothered by the noise. If you stay here be sure to take advantage of the "free limo ride" to the Big Texan Steakhouse. Great service and it really is free - but please be kind and tip the driver. Staff at this hotel were pleasant. Reasonable price for something basic when passing through town.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Acadia80
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn East, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you for your kind words in regards to hotel and staff, I will pass them along! Also, very pleased to hear you enjoyed your "Big Texan" Limo experience!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We were driving on vacation from chicago to vegas...wanted to stop for the night and eat at Big Texan Steakhouse in Amarillo 3 miles from here this steakhouse so you can eat, drink and be ready to relax once you get to hotel. Exit on 71, past the comfort suites and other Choice hotels. Looks run down on the outside but is very clean and comfortable inside! Breakfast which starts at 6 am in small cafeteruia inside lobby is awesome with fresh cooked eggs and sausage, waffles, fresh fruit, oatmeal, cereal, coffee, orange juice, muffins...Staff was very friendly and helpful also. Booked 3 weeks in advance thru Choice Hotels membership (free) to get discounted price.

Room Tip: get towards front and 1st floor or else you will be parking at back of hotel which is hard to find r...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn East, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Thank you for your kind words, Nancy (our breakfast attendant) will definitely appreciate them.. We are glad you chose us, we hope to see you again next time!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I want to say that the staff was fantastic. We did experience some room issues, no chain locks, running toilets, dirty floor. The room was a bit run down and needs updating. there is construction going on in the parking lot. they are building a tire business so this may have attributed to the mess in the parking lot and on the floors. the pool had much Styrofoam in it from the site. Little pieces. For what they charge, you could do better. It's more of a $50 room. My sheets and linens were clean and the shower worked well. Again, the staff was very nice and polite.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn East, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words, I will pass them along to the staff! It is true, the construction next door has posed some challenges for us but, as they are wrapping that up, I think the worst is behind us!
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We had a really horrible experience both with the staff and the room. We were very skeptical of the rooms due to bad reviews, but were forced to stay there anyway. After arriving we had read a sign about taking no more reservations because they were booked. We were given two keys that didn't read in the door. I returned to the front desk where I was schooled on how to enter these keys... Come to find out the key I wasn't the dummy... Water had gotten into the the electric door reader. I asked since they were sold out and the door didn't work to the room could we be refunded and go down the road. He refused...insisting that I take the room three doors down. ( I thought you were sold out). The room reeked of cigarettes, pets, and dirt. Light didn't work in front room area and there were stains on the white comforter that looked like dry blood. After sharing this the management just shrugged their shoulders and three days after our stay charged us $15 I assume to pay for their nasty comforter. We were taking advantage of and treated with no respect. They do not value their business, the customer, or their own Conscious to do what's right.

Please make a better choice.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Chris O
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn East, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
I am truly sorry to hear about your stay, this should not have happened to you. We were indeed sold out but our staff should NOT have made you stay in a substandard room, I will discuss this with our clerk on his next shift! I am the owner of the management company recently contracted to bring up the QUALITY of this Quality Inn. It is my hope that you give us some time to make things better and consider us again in the future. Please contact me at the hotel if I can be of any further assistance.
James Bennett, CHA