“Very, very nice.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Midlothian, Texas
“Very, very nice.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

This was probably the nicest HI Express hotels I've seen. It was very clean and had some very nice and fancy features. Nicely decorated. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it highly. Complementary breakfast was the usual.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank John H
HotelGMHIE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo East, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
That is quite a compliment and we REALLY appreciate it! We are glad you found our hotel to be one of the nicest and best decorated. We certainly appreciate your feedback, you can be assured that it will be shared with our staff. Thank you once again for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

Helpful staff made check-in easy (pets too!) and pleasant (after a very long day of traveling)...even found numbers for ordering food to be delivered. Rooms are comfortable and clean! Great experience!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Bwbryson
bluntramblings, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo East, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
We LOVE pets and we are so glad you stayed with us! We are so that happy check in was a breeze, your pets were comfy and you got to enjoy some of Amarillo's food without having to travel back out. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you (and your pets) soon! We are happy to be pet friendly and a 100% smoke free hotel!
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

We needed a stop for the night and this hotel was fine. We ended up paying more because it was late and only suites were available. The suite was very spacey with mircowave, sleep sofa and refrig. The room was decorated nice and clean. The front desk staff was great and friendly. Breakfast was ok. nothing special. It was convenient to I40 travelers and the72oz steak restaurant! Laundry room was conveniently located.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MrsKKFL
bluntramblings, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo East, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us!! We strive to create great hotels guests love!! Hopefully you will come see us again soon!
Houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

I was driving southeast through Amarillo and wanted something on the way out of town, which is why I chose this hotel. Very clean and comfortable and a short drive from The Big Texan Steak Rance if you're interested.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank KLWHouston
bluntramblings, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo East, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Thank you for your recent stay! We appreciate the positive feedback! Hopefully you tried to eat the 72 ounce steak next door at The Big Texan!
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

This hotel was exactly what I needed. I stopped here after a 12 hour drive in the rain, exhausted and couldn't have been happier with my experience. This hotel is perfectly located right off of I-40. The young woman at the front desk was extremely nice. There wasn't a single regular room available at the late hour I arrived, but she was able to find me a suite. They were also kind enough to give military discounts. The young lady at the desk was I believe prior service and even thanked my husband for his service. The only mistake made was that I was supposed to have a single and my room was a double. I was so tired that it wasn't a big deal at all. The lobby and rooms were very clean and exceptionally quiet. The bathroom was large with a really nice shower and bathtub. The TV was newer. The couch was comfy. The beds were clean and comfortable. The refrigerator was cool and clean. The coffee maker was clean and stocked. The addition of a microwave was appreciated. The complimentary in room water and basic breakfast just made me feel so much better. Also, the hotel was pet friendly with an additional charge. I ended up paying for a larger room than I usually get, but I was satisfied with everything except for availability, and that is what I get when I don't make a reservation. I recently paid triple to stay at a "high-end" hotel in San Antonio and got way less room, amenities, space, no breakfast, no appliances, and it was dirty. It made me think back fondly to this stay at this Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor and was very pleased with noise levels and the room.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank FoodieVacationer458
bluntramblings, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo East, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Thank you for your recent stay! We strive to create great hotels guests love! We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our clean, comfortable, newer hotel. We hope to see you again sometime soon.
Glenwood, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

I cannot say one negative thing about this hotel. Great location, great breakfast, spacious comfortable room with fridge and microwave, cold air conditioner, blackout curtains, hot shower, the list goes on. We were too tired to use the pool, but I did take a look at it. It was very large and clean. It even had a little waterfall fountain running into it. We paid $129 which was a little pricey for me, but well worth it!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Shannonhale
Thank you for staying at our hotel. We take great pride in providing a clean, safe hotel with exceptional guest service. We encourage you to book in advance next time, often you make lock in a rate which rewards your planning! We hope to see you soon!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

We decided to stop in Amarillo and due to several conventions at the time, they were the only ones with a room left. We had to wait a bit, but the staff was very friendly, the room was clean, and the free breakfast the next morning was just what we needed. Great experience for a short overnight stay!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Mommap456
Amarillo frequently stays very busy in the summer time. Thank you for staying with us. We are glad you found the hotel to be clean and the breakfast great!