“Housekeeping staff need training”

Quality Inn West Medical Center
Ranked #47 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Abilene, Texas
“Housekeeping staff need training”
Reviewed 12 February 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel about 3 weeks ago. It is a fairly nice hotel. The front desk staff were all wonderful with one exception. I think her name was Carol. She was very rude when we checked in, but the next morning, Gretchen made up for that. She was more than accomodating with our needs. The gentleman in the breakfast dining room was very nice and the breakfast was very good. They serve FRESH scrambled eggs. I would make one suggestion to the manager. Early in the morning, a housekeeper came to our door and we were still asleep. We told her we would check out later. Then, maybe 30 minutes later, another housekeeper came and woke us again. Then, about 11:00, another housekeeper came to the door and this time I asked to speak to the housekeeping manager. Checkout is not until 12:00 - why are you rushing us? The woman did not speak english and I never got a call from the manager. I did let Gretchen know when we checked out and she was very apologetic. We understood that it was not HER fault. She is not the housekeeping manager. If you can keep the housekeepers from knocking on your door, its not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
BWMCI_GM, Manager at Quality Inn West Medical Center, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
We certainly appreciate all the positives on your stay with us. We do apologize for the courtesy knocks. The reason for this action is due to a lot of early departures/arrivals and long term stays, the housekeepers will come by a room twice to ensure if the guests needs any service or not. We would recommend using the "Do Not Disturb" door rack to ensure no disturbance on your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Clayton, New Mexico
Reviewed 6 February 2013

When I first called to book a night at this hotel I explained that we had someone in the hospital and that I didn't know when my husband and I would be checking out and they said as long as we let them know by noon than we would have that room still. Got there checked in, paid with cash as discussed with the receptionist. The next day I went in to pay for another night and she said we had already paid. I told her we had not paid. She said she would get it figured out and to come back in the morning. So we went to the hospital and didn't worry about it for right then. Got in about 8 pm and went to bed. Got a wake up call at 11 pm saying she figured out the problem and if we could pay right then. I was very upset at her waking us up at 11 pm. For being an honest person I got be woken up at 11 pm after an exhausting day at the hospital. Fun! We left on a Sunday (did not stay that extra night we told them we might have too) and I checked my bank statement the next night and they had charged me for Sunday night. I called them and they said that the maids reports showed that we had stuff in the room still so they wrote us down as still there even though our cards were there on the desk. I could not seem to get anywhere so I sent my husband cause he was back there seeing his dad in the hospital and same thing. They gave him the run around so he told them that he was on his way to the police station to report fraudulent charges and when he was on his way to the police station the hotel called him and said they would refund the money. The was yesterday and I have yet to see the money in my account. This might be a long fight.... Also- we took a dip in the pool and there seemed to be bleach instead of chlorine in the pool because it burned our eyes excessively and it bleached my husbands shorts.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank crazymered
BWMCI_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn West Medical Center, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
Let us start off by apologizing for all the misunderstanding, we have no excuse for the inconvenience brought to you and your husband. We will certainly place more training for our employees. We will certainly take care of the pool issue as well.

Travellers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Arizona
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Stopped in late at night during an I 40 road trip without having a reservation. Hotel is on the far West side of town just off the freeway. No issue getting checked in and up to room. However, as soon as I opened the door a blast od heat hit me. I checked the thermostat, and it was se to 90 degrees. It took me having to open the windows to get the room to comfortable temp as I was sweating with how it was. Room was clean...did find a few long hairs in the sink, and being that I'm nearly bald, I knew they weren't mine. Bed was comfortable and I slept great. Standard breakfast for a Best Western. Did find it funny that the waffle maker was in the shape of Texas.

• Stayed January 2013
BWMCI_GM, Manager at Quality Inn West Medical Center, responded to this review, 31 January 2013
Thank you for your response and want to apologize for the few miscues on our end. The right people will be notified and get those issues resolved. We are always trying to improve and appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you on your next road trip!
Woodbridge, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 January 2013

The price for this hotel was reasonable enough, however it was kind of rough around the edges. The walls are definitely thin and there was a strange smell around the area (although not inside the building). The bathroom tub groaned when you got in, which was pretty disconcerting on the second floor. Bed was comfortable and the staff was very friendly and polite.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
We appreciate the feedback and look forward to your next visit!
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 16 January 2013

we checked out a couple of Motels in Amarillo and finally decided we have to look online for prices - we found a very good deal for the Best Western and we liked our stay there.
rooms are usally good at the Best Western anyway.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
We appreciate your business and glad you found us online!
oklahoma
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Clean, warm rooms, friendly check in clerk, quiet location but not far from restaurants or shopping. Walls are thin though so you can hear your neighbors if they are noisy. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
BWMCI_GM, Manager at Quality Inn West Medical Center, responded to this review, 16 January 2013
We're glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next return!
Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We stayed here for around $40 one night on the way from Denver to San Antonio. The room was larger than normal, clean, and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was included and had more options than a basic continental breakfast. There was a Mexican restaurant next door that was a step above the average Tex-Mex restaurant. Absolutely no complaints.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Steve W
BWMCI_GM, Manager at Quality Inn West Medical Center, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
We're glad you enjoyed your stay and our special offer for the month. Look forward to seeing you on your next trip!